PAW Replace Columns with Element Attributes

Paul-TM1
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

PAW Replace Columns with Element Attributes

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Hi All,
I have a requirement where I have to replace columns with element attributes. While trying to create, I googled and looks like it's possible from a screen shot from one of the IBM videos and I have attached. I have tried all possible ways and failed on version 30. Can someone please let me know the steps?
PAW-MemberAttributes-Column.PNG
PAW-MemberAttributes-Column.PNG (229.96 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
Thanks,
Paul.
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: PAW Replace Columns with Element Attributes

Post by declanr »

I tried to do something similar, show an attribute and hide the element name but couldn’t do it without creating an alternative hierarchy for the attribute.
So creating an alternative hierarchy from the attribute will do the job for you but it’s additional work to set it up.
Declan Rodger
Paul-TM1

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Thanks for the reply Declnar.
By creating alternative hierarchies, the attributes will get nested as columns. I want all attributes to stand together as columns.

Thanks,
Luther.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

The screenshot you attached looks like it is from the dimension administration (in which case it will work fine on a sheet in a book but only for administrators and not end users).

In Perspectives you could just create a view of the }ElementAttributes cube but in Workspace control objects aren't accessible (based on last offering management AMA this might be coming but it will be a while away). As a workaround you could create a websheet with attribute names as columns.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

I think I have misunderstood your issue.
As Lotsa has pointed out are you just wanting to essentially show an element attributes cube on its own?

I thought you wanted to show an attribute (or some attributes) for a dimension that is part of a cube (a non control cube) if that was the case you can just click on the dimension and “show attributes”. The formatting isn’t fantastic but it shows the details.
Declan Rodger
Paul-TM1

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Thanks Lotsaram and Declnar.
In the picture I have attached, I was thinking they are not from attribute dimension. When we can drill using attribute hierarchies, cant we show them as columns not nested?

Thanks,
Paul.