Access denied to cells for non admin users in TI Logs

spartan
OLAP Product: IBM cognos
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Access denied to cells for non admin users in TI Logs

Post by spartan »

Hello everyone,

We are facing a issue, the scenario is like, admin can run a process and see the result whereas the non admin users cannot see the changes made. When the non admin users run the same ti process ran by the admin a error log is generated with an error "access denied to the cell" in logs.

And the second scenario is also related to non admin users, where they cannot make any changes to the values /the cells are uneditable for non admin users. Where as the admin can make all sort of changes.

I made the non admin users to admin and asked them to run the process/ change the cell values, then they can able to see the results. When i make them non admin they cannot see the desired results.

Although the non admin users have write access. They cannot see the results.

Can anyone help me out. Thanks in advance..
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Access denied to cells for non admin users in TI Logs

Post by tomok »

spartan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:38 pm Can anyone help me out. Thanks in advance..
All I can tell you is if the users can't see and/or change a value in the cube while an admin can then the user does not have adequate security to do so. I have no idea why because I know nothing about your models, security groups, and how the particular cube is secured, i.e. by cube, by dimension, by element, by a cell security cube, etc. I suggest you do a deep dive review of your security setup. The answer is in there.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
paulsimon
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

Hi

We frequently get this sort of issue. I therefore developed a utility that lets you pick a user, it then works out which groups they are in and then checks the security at cube, dimension, and element level as well as cell security, and also checks for other reasons, such as consolidated cells, rules, reservations, and locking, although locking won't be your issue as that even applies to Admins.

As Tom says it is basically a matter of checking your security, but the utility just makes that easier.

Regards

Paul Simon
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

paulsimon wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:46 pmit then works out which groups they are in and then checks the security at cube, dimension, and element level as well as cell security
Adding up rights for a user over his/her groups, is indeed the real advantage and benefit.
Anything related to that in TM1/PA to help admin users there would be an improvement as now we need to do it either manually, either create complicated VBA or TI scripts.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly