Cube Views

Peter Picazio
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel version 2013

Cube Views

Post by Peter Picazio »

Is is possible to create a folder to store a cube view in? This is in TM1 classic, not PAX.
Last edited by Peter Picazio on Mon May 06, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Cube Views

Post by Alan Kirk »

Peter Picazio wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:20 pm Is is possible to create a folder to store a cube view in?
In what environment? Perspectives, the abomination that is PAW? Another interface?

Please check the Request for Assistance guidelines before posting. Questions should have FULL details.

If it's Perspectives you can put them in applications folders. You can't group then in the list of views under the cube though.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Peter Picazio

Post by Peter Picazio »

Sorry, this question pertains to TM1 classic, not PAX
Peter Picazio

Post by Peter Picazio »

I was able to create a folder under applications. Now I would like to copy a view under the new folder so that it can be shared by mulitple users.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

Peter Picazio wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:50 pm I was able to create a folder under applications. Now I would like to copy a view under the new folder so that it can be shared by mulitple users.
The relevant documentation is here. That's 10.2.2, but the principles are the same.

In short, you drag the view from under the cube and into the folder. This is of course ridiculously cumbersome if you have a long list of cubes and the one that has the view is right down the bottom. I did at one point propose a right click "Send To" option but it never went anywhere and with work on Perspectives effectively having been discontinued, it never will.
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Alan Kirk wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:41 pmThis is of course ridiculously cumbersome if you have a long list of cubes and the one that has the view is right down the bottom.
Lotsaram to the rescue !
https://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php? ... ion#p61981
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

Wim Gielis wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:52 pm
Alan Kirk wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:41 pmThis is of course ridiculously cumbersome if you have a long list of cubes and the one that has the view is right down the bottom.
Lotsaram to the rescue !
https://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php? ... ion#p61981
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that one. To be honest I rarely move cube views into applications these days as most of the time I use active forms in there, but that is indeed a less painful way of doing it.
-----------