PAW Link unable to access remotely

AjYendluri
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

PAW Link unable to access remotely

Post by AjYendluri »

Hi,

I have installed PAW & PAL on VM windows 2016 server.
Both admintool and PAW link are working from within server however we need to enable the PAW link to be accessed widely within our organization.
Currently we are unable to access the PAW link remotely outside the server from a local machine or from another server atleast.
We need to connect to PAX from outside which is the primary requirement within our company as we have heavy Cafe users

1) Firewall is turned off
2) Windows Defender is turned off

As per our windows networking team, the routable IP address could only be assigned or provided within 10.131.151.0 /24 subnet range which is pool of ip's assigned to all our servers located at one of our datacentres -- IP Config screenshot is attached

Accordingly I have created Nat network for docker and tried to start container which has dynamically assigned IP from 10.131.151.0 /25 range however now I have another issue where I am unable to validate my TM1 AdminHost and Application server -- Admintool screenshot is attached

Please guide me in resolving this issue

Thanks
Ajay
Attachments
AdminTool.JPG
AdminTool.JPG (56.43 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
IPConfig.JPG
IPConfig.JPG (29.82 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
Drg
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2.0 - 10.3.0
Excel Version: 2010

Re: PAW Link unable to access remotely

Post by Drg »

maybe you network do not trust tm1.

try http://10.131.151.141:5895
10.131.151.141 is tm1 adminhost services
dr.nybble
MVP
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: Excel 2007

Post by dr.nybble »

PAW is exposed on a NAT network. You don't care about the IP address of containers. There is no need to modify the default NAT network subnet (unless the subnet conflicts with your existing network).

You access PAW via the host IP on port 80 / 443.
dharav9
Version: 10.3
Excel Version: 2016

Post by dharav9 »

Hi, All

I faced the same situation. Where if I utilize HNS IP address then my admin tool validates without cam security enabled.
our organization utilize CAM security. In Cognos BI, external gateway URI is configured with server IP address/FQDN.
Now when we put HNS IP address to validate CAM security inside admin tool, then it validates but PAW URL does not work.
I know that conceptually it should not work because Cognos BI external gateway is configured with FQDN or Server IP.

*** I raised ticket with IBM and they replied that we cannot have PA, BI (CAM security), and work space advance on the same server. It can cause this issue. I don't believe them as i had everything up & running before server re-boot.

I uninstalled and installed docker with one change (earlier docker installs on c: drive but i changed the drive to D: - due to less availability of space in C drive). Do we need to define any parameter in daemon.json to communicate with Full Qualified Domain Name or server IP (instead HNS IP)?

@AjYendlurI: could you please share screenshot of CAM security configuration inside admin tool (as it is validated)?
Could you also let me know how you would overwrite default NAT network of docker ?

Thank You

Dharav