New Execute TI from VBA method but no Success/Fail?

bkkbasher
OLAP Product: PAx & PAW
Version: PA 2.0.8
Excel Version: Excel 2019

New Execute TI from VBA method but no Success/Fail?

Post by bkkbasher »

In PAx is there no way to at least determine whether the TI process you've run from the new ExecuteFunction method in VBA has at least succeeded or failed?

I know we can still use ActionButtons and add this as an option, but I was hoping to move away from these. However, to do that I need to at least determine whether it has successfully run.
bkkbasher
OLAP Product: PAx & PAW
Version: PA 2.0.8
Excel Version: Excel 2019

Re: New Execute TI from VBA method but no Success/Fail?

Post by bkkbasher »

Bumping this.

I'm now writing the ProcessReturn code to an attribute at the end of the Epilog. Now I know if the process ran successfully or not and can pull this out in the VBA. However, the problem I now have is that when I use the new ExecuteFunction API call from VBA to execute the TI it doesn't wait for the process to finish running. I've tried using the Wait() API call, but that doesn't help.

Anyone have any ideas how to get it to wait?

This is the function: https://ibm.github.io/paxapi/#turbointegrator-functions

If I can't get it to wait then i am going to have to revert back to Action Buttons, which wait on their own, but I understood that this new ExecuteFunction was supposed to be a viable replacement for them. However, without being able to wait until the process completes, i don't see how this is possible.

Thanks.