Planning Analytics

Peter Picazio
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel version 2013

Planning Analytics

Post by Peter Picazio »

I am looking for documentation which explains the differences and advantages of Planning Analytics vs. TM1. Want to understand how it is used for reporting and what the interface looks like and functions vs. TM1.

Thank you.
CellPutN
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.20500.75
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Planning Analytics

Post by CellPutN »

Hi,

You should take a look at the Cubewise blog.

https://cubewise.com/blog/

Cheers,
Dilan
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Planning Analytics

Post by lotsaram »

Peter Picazio wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:37 pm I am looking for documentation which explains the differences and advantages of Planning Analytics vs. TM1. Want to understand how it is used for reporting and what the interface looks like and functions vs. TM1.

Thank you.
The short answer is Planning Analytics is TM1. It's basically a re-branding.
A slightly longer more nuanced answer is that TM1 is the core of Planning Analytics. TM1 provides the OLAP server for Planning Analytics (and this component is still called "TM1 server") as well all the old TM1 interfaces are still supported in the current on-premise version of Planning Analytics (Perspectives for Excel, TM1 Web). These haven't changed. But Planning Analytics also gives you Workspace which is a new UI and to many people (especially IBM people) Workspace is Planning Analytics.

On the server side it's basically the same but you get quite a few new features and performance boosts
- hierarchies
- run processes multi-threaded
- temporary views & subsets
- multi-threaded feeders

Thanks for the shout out CellPutN.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.