TM1 - External URL - PA2.0.4 - Contributor Grid Fails to Load

Paul-TM1
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

TM1 - External URL - PA2.0.4 - Contributor Grid Fails to Load

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Hi Gurus,
We are trying to implement External URI in TM1 -in PA 2.0.4 and when I try to open contributor grid, it's blank. "External Server URI" portion of configuration is used when users are not on intranet. I have changed some code in pmpsvc_config.xml, fpmsvc_config.xml and tm1web_config.xml.
Am I missing any other configuration for contributor?

I checked the source code of blank page there's some error to read as below.

Code: Select all

<script language='javascript'>
appId=null;appErrMsg='javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is: 
       java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued by OU=Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority, O="The Go Daddy Group, Inc.", C=US is not trusted; internal cause is: 
       java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error';
</script>
Thinking it's a certificate error, we turned off the certificate and contributor loads all views, from fiddler trace code is like below.

Code: Select all

<script language='javascript'>
appId='XXXXXXXX-XXXX-4c4a-87f0-31ece5600193',nodeId='[}tp_tasks}7214893b-719b-4c4a-87f0-31ece5600193].[XXXXXX.XXXX.XXX]',multiOpen=false,nodeViewIndex=0
</script>
I Googled and found link https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview. ... wg21998395.
In the link, under section "Import the CA Certificates Into the Java cacerts File", I tried to import our cert, with no success.

Can anyone suggest an idea to work? Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance.
Paul.
Paul-TM1

Re: TM1 - External URL - PA2.0.4 - Contributor Grid Fails to Load

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Hi All,
There are 44 views and no responses. I hope we are the only ones implementing. We are stuck on this for about 15 days now. Can someone post your answers if you have encountered the situation.

Thanks,
Paul.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Personally, I haven't used it in about 3 years so I cannot be of assistance here I'm afraid.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
ykud
MVP

Post by ykud »

Does TM1Web work with https, only contributor fails?

I find IKeyMan a lot simpler to use than ThirdPartyCert tool, it can show contents of your cacerts and highlight whether there are any issues with imported certificate (for example, it's missing the whole authority chain or is not trusted).

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg22004239

Cheers,
Y
paulsimon
MVP
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

Hi

I have never used contributor since no client has ever wanted the default workflow. However, we also struggled to get TM1 Web to work with an External URL. The documentation misses out a number of steps and ports that need to be opened. I suggest that you raise a PMR with IBM as that was the only way we solved it. Even then they were strangely reluctant to send over the documentation.

Regards

Paul Simon
Paul-TM1

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Thanks Ykud and Paul for responding.

We are now in the process of getting the certificate signed by the CA. We did not have to do all this for TM1 10.2.2.
We have opened a ticket with IBM and suggested we do what Ykud suggested. Hopefully, it works. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Thanks,
Paul.
paulsimon
MVP

Post by paulsimon »

Hi Paul

If you are making TM1 visible on an External URL then you really should have your own certificate, rather than using the default Applix one.

Regards

Paul SImon
Paul-TM1

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Hi Paul Simon,
We did not have do this in V10.2.2. We created one certificate (IBM helped) but are having some issues.I will update this thread when I get it fixed.
Please let me know if there are any other ways of fixing it it.

Thanks,
Paul.
paulsimon
MVP

Post by paulsimon »

Hi Paul TM1

You might want to take a look at the IBM Planning Analytics Community (Seems to go by the name Business Analytics but heading is Planning Analytics)

https://community.ibm.com/community/use ... sanalytics

There have been some recent posts on that related to this. Good luck. It took our infrastructure expert two months of PMRs and phone calls to IBM to get this working. We also ended up buying 3 certificates as once it goes wrong, you cannot re-use the same certificate.

Regards

Paul SImon
Paul-TM1

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Thanks Paul Simon, the solution is not there yet, but this is the exact stage where I am failing.

Thanks,
Paul.