Spread functionality

lordohlord
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Spread functionality

Post by lordohlord »

Hi all,
I have an issue to determine spreading functionality.
Generally I'm using tm1web or perspectives. Trying to put numbers on consolidated elements and as result I expect value equally spread to all leaf elements.
It's working perfectly if all n-elements contains some numbers or all of them are 0s.
The case is that if some of them are 0 and some are different than 0, spread functionality avoids zero elements.
Is there any option to determine spread functionality to always spread to all n-elements?
Please help if there is any option like that. I couldn't find anything on this subject.

regards
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: Spread functionality

Post by David Usherwood »

'Equal Spread Leaves' is probably the spread option you want - the last choice on the right click menu in Architect.
lordohlord
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by lordohlord »

Hi,

Thank you for answer. Yes that is the right option from architect/perspective point of view. It is working as expected.
I have more doubts with tm1web. How to set it up to use such option in tm1web by default.
Not by using right-click menu but just input data directly into consolidation cells.

regards
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

As far as I am aware there is no ability to change the default spreading option.

If you don’t want to use the right-click menu you can show users how to work with shortcuts, for your example it sounds like LS*500 would work - this would spread 500 equally across all leaves (the * indicates it should include even the 0 value cells.)

Or since you want an equal spread it could be easier for users to press C to clear the data and then just type the value they want, it then defaults to equal spread as the underlying data is empty.
Declan Rodger
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hello,

While we are discussing a technical solution, can you tell us why you would like to have this, even more as the default choice of data entry ? I mean, in what kind of cubes / applications / levels of aggregation do you see fit for such a requirement ? I am supporting many TM1 models and the one thing that pisses me off the most, is when users overwrite a 0 value at consolidated level... unless it's purposeful (like all level 0 cells and then a consolidated month element gets the data that is to be spread over 3-6-12 months).
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly