Storing a user session details in tm1

spartan
OLAP Product: IBM cognos
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Storing a user session details in tm1

Post by spartan »

Hello All,

Can we store the user details of a logged in user in tm1, till the user logout. Storing the work session.

For Example, a user logged in with his name,phone number and date of birth. I want to store the details and generate the details in other page automatically, reducing the number of times the user should enter the details in every page.

Thanks in advance.
orlando
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PAL 2.0.8
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Storing a user session details in tm1

Post by orlando »

Hi,

a quick idea.

Why don't you store the information in a special cube?

With one dim "}Clients" and a rule, that checks, if the status of the user in the "}ClientProperties" cube is "active"

if active= write the info, if not write a rule liek []= S:=0;

Regards,
orlando
spartan

Post by spartan »

Hi Orlando,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, (every user has a service attached to his name and each service has many models associated with different versions). Lets assume ABC ,XYZ,CBA are different pages.So if a user logs in the ABC page with his service, one of the model and any version associated to the service , the information user used in the ABC page ( like service name,model name and version)should be automatically display in XYZ and CBA page as well within same fields if the user goes to XYZ and CBA page, which reduces the user to write the information again and again in each page which has same fields.

Thanks in advance..
orlando
Community Contributor

Post by orlando »

Hi sparten,

what do mean with

"every user has a service attached to his name and each service has many models associated with different versions"?

Regards,
orlando
spartan

Post by spartan »

Yes, so whenever the user logs in ,then after the user select the service,model,version in page 1. The selections should be automatically reflect in page 2 , page 3 if it has same fields in those pages like service,model and version which the user selects in page 1.
orlando
Community Contributor

Post by orlando »

Hi spartan,

then store this information (eg. via DBS) in a special cube and read the information from this cube on the other pages.

best regards,
orlando

p.s.: no reply till monday - gone for a long weekend
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Yes, use DBSS to send selections to a special cube such that these selections can be reused elsewhere.

Also, note that from 1 websheet to another, you can jump with Action buttons. Action buttons can fill in infromation in the target worksheet depending on for example the source websheet. C.q.: pass SUBNM selections from one to the other.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
spartan

Post by spartan »

Hello All,

I have a question, can we access a value in work book1 to workbook2.

Like, in workbook1 i have selected year as 2019, so the year in workbook2 should be automatically generate by taking value of year from workbook1 in TM1 WEB.

Although its working in excel it is not working in tm1 web.
orlando
Community Contributor

Post by orlando »

spartan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:54 am
Although its working in excel it is not working in tm1 web.
how to you do it in excel and where do you store the figures in tm1?
Wim Gielis
MVP

Post by Wim Gielis »

The usual way of working is jumping from 1 workbook (websheet) to another by using SUBNM formulas, that are populated as the user jumps to the target workbook. Like that, the workbooks do not need to reference each other in a dynamic way, just at the time of opening the target worbook, the selections are carried over as much as possible.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
spartan

Post by spartan »

Hello Wim,

The exact scenario is like, in workbook1 i have Year field which has subnm function and it opens all the years(2017,2018,2019) in the dimension.
Now if i select a year 2019 in this year field. If i go to workbook2 now i want 2019 value to load automatically in the year field of workbook2. And in workbook2 year field i have same subnm function which is in workbook1, if no selection is made in workbook1 this subnm function should work in workbook2 orelse if the user select a year then the year shoud be displayed in workbook2 year field.
orlando
Community Contributor

Post by orlando »

spartan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:19 am The exact scenario is like, in workbook1 i have Year field which has subnm function and it opens all the years(2017,2018,2019) in the dimension.
Now if i select a year 2019 in this year field. If i go to workbook2 now i want 2019 value to load automatically in the year field of workbook2. And in workbook2 year field i have same subnm function which is in workbook1, if no selection is made in workbook1 this subnm function should work in workbook2 orelse if the user select a year then the year shoud be displayed in workbook2 year field.
i think, the best for you is an action button

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... igate.html
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x

Post by lotsaram »

If you want to track a user's filter dimension selections independently of navigating then the best way to do it is to replace the SUBNMs with DBR and have a cube with:
}Clients
}Dimensions
Measure

The cube can also have picklists to facilitate data entry to make it more convenient for users to select elements. This will work for TM1 Web and Excel. Although obviously only for websheets and not cube views.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
spartan

Post by spartan »

orlando wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:38 am
spartan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:19 am The exact scenario is like, in workbook1 i have Year field which has subnm function and it opens all the years(2017,2018,2019) in the dimension.
i think, the best for you is an action button

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... igate.html

Hello Orlando,

Thank you. Its works.

But i have 5 Sheets, if the user selects a year in sheet 1 all other sheets need to be updated automatically back end and the user should remain in sheet1 only.

Is this possible using action button.
Wim Gielis
MVP

Post by Wim Gielis »

I guess you might be looking for a solution like PAW, whereby a book contains several sheets.
The synchronization can be organised such that changing an element in 1 sheet changes all references in all sheets in the book to match the initial change.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

You can use the solution that lotsaram mentions where you have a reference cube containing the }Clients dimension to hold the users selection, this will keep the users selection in sync across multiple sheets. Works well when combined with a picklist. Just make sure you use a DBR not a DBRW to pull the value.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk