TM1WEB 2.0.6 Number Issue

Splashmore
OLAP Product: PAL
Version: 2.0.6
Excel Version: 365

TM1WEB 2.0.6 Number Issue

Post by Splashmore »

We have a problem with the websheets on IBM Cognos TM1 Web.

After the update to the version 2.0.6 of Planning Analytics all the numeric values of our websheets don't follow anymore the format of the Dimension Editor (from Architect or Perspectives). They follow some regional settings of the browser and to that they add the format of the excel sheet (for example, in Chrome if the format in the excel sheet is 1.000,00 , it will be shown in the websheet as 1000,00000 or in another Chrome version 1,000.00 (adding a 000 at the end or changing comma and dot, but this is variable and depends on the browser version or on the browser itself). The problem we have is that we only can use Chrome and we need a fixed format for all users, which has to be with 2 decimals separated by a comma and a dot as thousands separator.

Can anyone please help me to find a fix to this problem?
Thank you in advance.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: TM1WEB 2.0.6 Number Issue

Post by tomok »

Splashmore wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:30 pm We have a problem with the websheets on IBM Cognos TM1 Web.

After the update to the version 2.0.6 of Planning Analytics all the numeric values of our websheets don't follow anymore the format of the Dimension Editor (from Architect or Perspectives). They follow some regional settings of the browser and to that they add the format of the excel sheet (for example, in Chrome if the format in the excel sheet is 1.000,00 , it will be shown in the websheet as 1000,00000 or in another Chrome version 1,000.00 (adding a 000 at the end or changing comma and dot, but this is variable and depends on the browser version or on the browser itself). The problem we have is that we only can use Chrome and we need a fixed format for all users, which has to be with 2 decimals separated by a comma and a dot as thousands separator.

Can anyone please help me to find a fix to this problem?
Thank you in advance.
Unfortunately, an active form cannot do what you have requested. Whenever you put multiple dimensions in the columns you get the intersection of each columns dimension subset (whether via a subset or MDX query) against each other. You can't selectively not use some of the intersections (which is what you are asking for).
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
paulsimon
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

Hi

I think what Tom is getting at is that if you have a Web Sheet that is really an Excel Sheet with an Active Form then it will always display values according to the Format Area of the Active Form. Have you just upgraded from a 10.x version to PA? It is possible that the conversion of the web sheets, particularly if they were converted from .xls to .xlsx format has done something to the format in the Excel Sheets. I would check the Format Area in the Active Form to see if it is still what you expect.

Regards

Paul Simon
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

I'm sorry about my post. It was actually a reply to a different question and I posted it on the wrong message.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Splashmore

Post by Splashmore »

Thank you for the answers. However, it seems to be a bug in version 2.0.6. The bug occurs in both Active Forms and DBRW formulas.
Splashmore

Post by Splashmore »

Confirmed by IBM...

PH05317 SINCE 2.0.6 LOCALIZED NUMBER FORMATTING IN WEBSHEETS IS BROKEN
PH07538 TM1 WEB AFTER UPGRADING FROM PA 2.0.4 LC TO PA 2.0.6 LC THE FORMAT OF THE NUMBERS IS BROKEN
Bakkone
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by Bakkone »

Hi,

As posted this is a known defect. Hopefully it will be fixed with 2.0.7 due to be released now in March. But IBM sais the websheet rendering is done by a third party, so they wont promise anything.

I do love how this shows that IBM ships stuff without even testing on a computer with a different regional setting tho. Very nice...

In your case a workaround would be to set Chrome to always use english to render the page.

https://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Defa ... gle-Chrome
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Bakkone wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:18 pm
I do love how this shows that IBM ships stuff without even testing on a computer with a different regional setting tho. Very nice...
That is not the first time: https://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14417
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly