kenship
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Cognos
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0.7
Excel Version: 2010

Cube Commit Error in PA

Post by kenship »

Hi,

I have report cubes that were created in 10.2 and randomly give me error as the following. There's no rule nor process related to these cube any more.

Any idea is appreciated.

3472 [27] ERROR 2019-03-11 14:52:40.337 TM1.Cube.Commit CubeDataVersionCreateExData_t::handleLeaf: Simple cell [10,4,3,1137,742,48,11,1] in thread private data tree with data type missing for cube 'corp_OBM_BUDGET_REPORT'.

Kenneth
mce
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: Planning Analytics Local 2.0.x
Excel Version: 2013 2016

Re: Cube Commit Error in PA

Post by mce »

Hello,

I am also having this problem in recent version of TM1. this happens when I unload a cube from memory, and then once I force it to be reloaded to memory, it keeps throwing this error in TM1Server.log.
Due to this error, it block all other threads in TM1 server, and we have no other option than crashing the TM1 service.
Does anyone know what this means and how can I avoid this error happening?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
kenship
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Cognos
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0.7
Excel Version: 2010

Post by kenship »

There were 2 scenarios when this error happened.

Scenario 1: bad rules and feeders for cube loaded in memory. Unload and reloading won't help. Need to to remove bad rule and restart server and regenerate feeders.

Scenario 2: Loading cube into memory that is checked for "Load On Demand". I had cubes that have no rules but checked for "Load On Demand" to save memory. Once these cubes are loaded I will receive these error messages when I start slicing data. And in the cube I'll have data loss, but it won't affect my cube data in hard drive. I have since allowed these cubes to load when server starts, no more error.

Hope this helps.

Kenneth
mce wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:11 am Hello,

I am also having this problem in recent version of TM1. this happens when I unload a cube from memory, and then once I force it to be reloaded to memory, it keeps throwing this error in TM1Server.log.
Due to this error, it block all other threads in TM1 server, and we have no other option than crashing the TM1 service.
Does anyone know what this means and how can I avoid this error happening?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
mce
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: Planning Analytics Local 2.0.x
Excel Version: 2013 2016

Post by mce »

Hi,

I found that this was due to a defect that is reported here https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/6107494
The only option is to upgrade.

Regards,