PAW Error

dharav9
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.3
Excel Version: 2016

PAW Error

Post by dharav9 »

Hi,

Yesterday, IT team had installed visual studio 2017 and SSDT (under offline installation)
FYR : Steps followed to installed offline version => https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ss ... -installer
IT team rebooted the server and PAW messed up. I couldn't able to start services nor admintool
#======
After deleting all images, i type in "./start.ps1" to start container services and to load docker images.
I am receiving following error.
Error:
Installing/Updating IBM Planning Analytics Docker images
Loading image file D:\paw\images\images.tar, this may take a whil
Something went wrong at step 'Installing/Updating IBM Planning An
re-exec error: exit status 1: output: ProcessBaseLayer C:\Program
4c296371fc6f050d79130aed83908cf1ac0: The parameter is incorrect.
There is no container services up (docker ps command bring empty cells).
PS D:\paw> scripts/paw.ps1 stop
The SAVE_VERSION variable is not set. Defaulting to a blank string.
The TM1PROXY_VERSION variable is not set. Defaulting to a blank string.
Can anyone help me out to understand underlying issue and how to resolve it?

Thanks
Dharav
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: PAW Error

Post by declanr »

Hi,

I would recommend if possible as a starting point keeping the workspace server completely free of any other software/tools.

That being said when issues arise with workspace a good starting point is to search for windowscontainernetworking-loggingandcleanupaide.ps1, Run it with the cleanup option.
This can solve a lot of docker issues. This can be downloaded from github.

Your error message is also similar to one I’ve experienced when trying to install a workspace fp that had stated it successfully downloaded from fix central but actually hadn’t, this shouldn’t be an issue as it’s an instance you’ve already had running but I’d probably give redownloading and unzipping the version you want another crack in case it had somehow become corrupted.

IBM support seem to be pretty good and responsive on this stuff so if you can’t resolve it easily yourself just give your partner or Ibm a ticket. The IBM communities forum also used to be good at getting responses for workspace, I haven’t looked in a while but I imagine it’s still monitored - usually someone from IBM would be there and ask for your logs then provide a response based on what I saw in other tickets.
Declan Rodger