jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

ODBCOutput Failure

Post by jim wood »

Guys,

As far as I can tell (and experienced in the past) ODBCOutput does not return any kind of error code when executing a query. The IBM documentation only mentions the 255 character limit. I plan on writing a sub process to validate the DB after the query has executed but if there's a better way I'd love to know what it is. BTW the query I'm executing is running an SQL stored procedure to load a table before TM1 pulls the info in,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: ODBCOutput Failure

Post by tomok »

jim wood wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:22 pm Guys,

As far as I can tell (and experienced in the past) ODBCOutput does not return any kind of error code when executing a query. The IBM documentation only mentions the 255 character limit. I plan on writing a sub process to validate the DB after the query has executed but if there's a better way I'd love to know what it is. BTW the query I'm executing is running an SQL stored procedure to load a table before TM1 pulls the info in,

Jim.
You don't have to use ODBCOutput to execute a query. You can do that by using it as a data source in a TI as well. For example, if you had a stored procedure called "DoSomething" that inserted into tables or whatever and inside that stored procedure a sent output based on the success (by doing SELECT 'Success' AS Msg or SELECT 'Failure' AS Msg) then you could use DoSomething as a TI data source in a TI. When the TI is executed, the stored procedure does the inserts and then returns the Success or Failure message. You could write that message to a cube.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: ODBCOutput Failure

Post by jim wood »

Thanks Tom, that's a nice suggestion. I have a system process for executing store procedures so that's something I could instead of building the code with the prolog,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube