Integrate TM1 with SAP Data Services(BODS)

Arb1486
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: MS Excel 2010

Integrate TM1 with SAP Data Services(BODS)

Post by Arb1486 »

Hi All,

Do we have any option to connect SAP Data Services to TM1 system. Please advise.
blackhawk
Community Contributor

Re: Integrate TM1 with SAP Data Services(BODS)

Post by blackhawk »

Arb1486,

I have never used BODS, but there are a few options for TM1 for getting at the data:
  • If BODS supports OLEDB for OLAP you can connect directly to TM1 and access the data as a multidimensional datasource.
  • If BODS supports ODBC, you can use a third party connector, such as TM1Connect (www.tm1connect.com) that makes TM1 views appear as relational datasets.
  • Flat files can be exported out of TM1 and then loaded into BODS. Not ideal for interactive or real-time data, but an option.
  • It is potentially possible to connect to the REST API as well, but the problem is that the consuming application (BODS) would have to be pretty intelligent to be able to assemble and work with the REST API. A single pull of data could potentially require multiple calls and data passed between the calls. It is not (in all cases), just a simple GetData request.
I have not found many applications that can deal (cleanly) with TM1s REST API. It usually requires some form of coding to handle it.

*discaimer: I work for the company who makes TM1Connect.
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Integrate TM1 with SAP Data Services(BODS)

Post by Steve Rowe »

To the OP, it would be worth being explicit about the direction you want the data to flow, the answer will be different.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk