Excel crashing after export from TM1 Web

CaptKirk
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.6
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Excel crashing after export from TM1 Web

Post by CaptKirk »

Hello
We have had an issue for some time (years) where many TM1 Web users have Excel crash after they export reports to Excel (snapshot).
Basically they export (snapshot), and if they save it with the TM1 Action buttons on it, Excel crashes. If they remove the Action Buttons, no crash.
This happens on TM1 10.1, 10.2.2 FP7, under Win 7 (Excel 2013) and Win 10 (Excel 2016). IE vn 11.
The only common theme I have been able to identify is if the user has Perspectives on their PC* , no crash. No perspectives > crash. But note this is occurring on snapshot exports, so no TM1 formulae.
The action buttons are generally a refresh (pricture), and 1 or 2 Go To Worksheet (navigation) buttons (with named ranges to identify target).

Has anyone else encountered this, and found the cause ?

I'd rather not have to deploy TM1 (Excel) Client to all our users. I thought about the Excel function HYPERLINK (linked to the files in }Externals via a cube with all that info in it), but i still have the refresh button left. (That solution has another issue in that reports will need to be redsigned as they do not want the navigation hyperlinks/refresh printing.). We are upgrading to PA 2.0.6 in next few months, but not to PAx/PAw - that may occur next year.

* The mere presence of Perspectives on their PC seems to be the differentiator. The addin for it does not have to be ticked, nor do they have to be logged in to TM1 via Perspectives Explorer
CaptKirk

Re: Excel crashing after export from TM1 Web

Post by CaptKirk »

I saw lotsaram posted something similar in May 2015, but it was the last post

https://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php? ... %2A#p55351
CaptKirk