TM1 Process Keeps Rolling Back and Restarting in Parallel Executions of Batch Mode

mce
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: Planning Analytics Local 2.0.x
Excel Version: 2013 2016

TM1 Process Keeps Rolling Back and Restarting in Parallel Executions of Batch Mode

Post by mce »

Hi,

We use IBM Planning Analytics Local v.2.0.5.

We have a lot of data that we need to pull into TM1 cube from Oracle DB.
Hence we use batch mode with commands BatchUpdateFinishWait(0) and BatchUpdateStart to load them in parallel threads to make it loaded in shorter time.

A parent process triggers the same data load process many times with different parameters for them to be run in parallel via TM1RunTI, and the parent process also waits for the last one to finish.

Each parallel execution of the process is updating a different slice of the same cube.

For some reason, sometimes some of the parallel batches rolls back and starts again.
We could not understand why it rolls back and restarts. This issue increases the whole execution time.

What might be causing this issue? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for all comments.

Regards
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Re: TM1 Process Keeps Rolling Back and Restarting in Parallel Executions of Batch Mode

Post by mvaspal »

I saw this in 2.0.6 when the process clashed with a SavaDataAll chore and in that case either both were hanging forever or in better case the process with batch update rolled back and ran once again
mce
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: Planning Analytics Local 2.0.x
Excel Version: 2013 2016

Re: TM1 Process Keeps Rolling Back and Restarting in Parallel Executions of Batch Mode

Post by mce »

I understand that this issue might be due to locks on CAM user logins, as we use a CAM user for executing parallel threads via RunTI. I will check this in PA 2.0.7 with RunProcess or with OptimizeClient parameter and will see if the same problem happens there.