Workspace - What browser do you use?

declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Workspace - What browser do you use?

Post by declanr »

Simple question to those who have been working with workspace, what browser do you use? Have you noticed performance differences between browsers?

For the most part all the standard stuff seems to work in IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox but I decided to have a screen where users input dates - this was a simple date formatted measure in a cube - users could have to input dates for a few elements at a time.
In IE I noticed it was taking on average 7/8 seconds for the date picker to show up (from a cube view) - this is obviously ridiculous and would make the system extremely frustrating to the users.

I decided to check it in the other browsers and found that in Edge and Firefox it opened pretty much instantly, chrome was noticeably slower but not as bad as IE. This got me to thinking, what else works better in Firefox/Edge for workspace or more worryingly was is slower/worse in Firefox/Edge, is it a trade off? This is still early days in this so I am going to play about with compatibility settings etc in IE to see if I can get it working nicely.
Sadly the customer who this is for is locked down to IE only when it comes to workspace.

In old world I did a lot of TM1 Web based systems and generally found Firefox/Chrome a bit quicker than IE but not to this sort of level.
Declan Rodger
macsir
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Workspace - What browser do you use?

Post by macsir »

I use Chrome all the time. IE is used unless something is not working in Chrome. Firefox is occasionally used for testing purpose only sometimes.
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/