Planning Analytics using twice the memory of 10.1

tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Planning Analytics using twice the memory of 10.1

Post by tomok »

I'm guessing the css change is only going to be available to on-premise installations? We're going PA on the cloud this year and I would love to be able to alter the stylings for TM1web after we migrate.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

tomok wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:23 pm I'm guessing the css change is only going to be available to on-premise installations? We're going PA on the cloud this year and I would love to be able to alter the stylings for TM1web after we migrate.
I can't see IBM giving you that level of access. May be on the partner cloud but not commercial, although they may be able to drop a CSS change in for you?
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
ykud
MVP

Post by ykud »

paulsimon wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:47 am You have done a better job than the IBM Support Desk
Well, that's not really a challenge, I've been at it longer than most people in support. Glad it worked, happy to help :) Try the fonts as well, defaults annoy the hell out of me.
tomok wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:23 pm I'm guessing the css change is only going to be available to on-premise installations? We're going PA on the cloud this year and I would love to be able to alter the stylings for TM1web after we migrate.
CSS changes would be only on-premise, but depending on the browser your organisation uses, you can add a plugin that would apply a custom skin to predefined url, allowing you to 'overlay' defaults with your organisation wide customisations. Something like Stylus

Cheers,
Y
ykud
MVP

Post by ykud »

I’ll just leave it here for anyone finding this thread later: another reason for memory growth is that PA is preloading all the views and subsets definitions on startup, whereas 10.2.2 didn’t do that. There will be a parameter in tm1s.cfg to disable this behaviour in future releases, but you can check whether this is your case by removing view files and restarting the server.
I wrote a post about this with more details