TrevorGoss
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.1.1
Excel Version: 14.0.6129.5000

Perspectives workbooks when promoted to different version

Post by TrevorGoss »

Hello to all,

I have developed Perspective workbooks in TM1 10.2.2, with action buttons running TIs and opening up new workbooks.

When the workbook is moved onto a new server with 10.3, all the buttons lose their shape. the text is shifted to the top left hand corner of the button, its as if a new button has been created inside the original button.

Has anybody else experienced this sort of behaviour? Has anybody else had issues moving perspective workbooks onto a new version. Will different excel versions make any difference?

Thanks.

Trevor.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Perspectives workbooks when promoted to different version

Post by jim wood »

Trevor,

I've not seen this exact thing but I have seen formatting shifting, especially when not using the same version of Excel,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

What do you mean by "shifted"? Do you mean you just moved the entire data directory from a 10.2.2 server to a 10.3 server and brought it up or did you republish the workbooks in question? Also, are you talking about opening the workbooks in Excel or from TM1 Web? I'm pretty sure the server has nothing to do with it if you are talking about opening in Excel because in this case it's all about Excel and the Perspectives add-in, all client related.

I have always experienced a problem with action buttons resizing themselves when shared among people with the different PC setups. I traced mine to issues with the screen resolution. When others had different screen resolution than mine then some of the buttons would resize. The only fix I found was to make sure everyone had their screen resolution set to 1920 x 1080.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Post by mvaspal »

Has anybody else had issues moving perspective workbooks onto a new version.
yes, we had a few issues with workbooks when we upgraded from 10.2.2 to 10.3. For example some of the action buttons did not work on TM1 Web, but we could not find a pattern which ones; simply nothing happened when a user clicked on them; we finally decided to recreate them rather than waiting for Support.
TrevorGoss
Community Contributor
Version: 10.2.1.1
Excel Version: 14.0.6129.5000

Post by TrevorGoss »

Hi,

thanks to all for your replies.
What do you mean by "shifted"? Do you mean you just moved the entire data directory from a 10.2.2 server to a 10.3 server and brought it up or did you republish the workbooks in question? Also, are you talking about opening the workbooks in Excel or from TM1 Web? I'm pretty sure the server has nothing to do with it if you are talking about opening in Excel because in this case it's all about Excel and the Perspectives add-in, all client related.
By "Shifted" I mean moving the data directory from one version to another, without republishing the workbooks. This is all in perspectives.
yes, we had a few issues with workbooks when we upgraded from 10.2.2 to 10.3. For example some of the action buttons did not work on TM1 Web, but we could not find a pattern which ones; simply nothing happened when a user clicked on them; we finally decided to recreate them rather than waiting for Support.
I fear that may also be our only solution.

Thanks.

Trevor.