Rule on consolidated level and slicer set

mamba
OLAP Product: Tm1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Rule on consolidated level and slicer set

Post by mamba »

Hi,
i am not sure if this is the rigth forum, but its seems to be the closest one for my problem.

In TM1 we have rules on consolidated level. To keep it simple lets say ['reveneue'] = C: 100;

Now i want to report this measure in Cognos Bi. We have Dimensions for Time and Customers.
The Cube should be sliced by customers.

If we put a single customer in the slicer, the Report shows the right Value (100),
but if we put a set of customers, reportstudio is not able to show a measure, there are only two lines '--' for the measure.

What could be the reason for this, or how could i solve this problem?
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Re: Rule on consolidated level and slicer set

Post by qml »

mamba wrote:What could be the reason for this, or how could i solve this problem?
Without seeing the actual code (what is it with people not providing that?) I can only guess that your rules are not fed. You have a few options to fix this:
a) Feed at least one of the N elements under the calculated C element.
b) Construct the hierarchy in such a way so that at least one N element under the calculated C element has a non-zero value. The weighting has to be non-zero and you can skip the feeder statement if you build it like that.
c) You can use the IsUnderFed cube attribute in TM1 to switch off provider-side zero suppression and force unfed values to flow into Cognos BI.
Kamil Arendt
mamba
OLAP Product: Tm1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by mamba »

ther is no complicated code. The behaviour could be easily simulated. Just create a rule like ['reveneue'] = C: 100;

In Reportstudio put the Measure in a matrix and as slicer create a set with more than one member.
The Reportstudio is not able to compute a value, but why not?
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

mamba wrote:The Reportstudio is not able to compute a value, but why not?
One possible answer to that can be found in my previous post. Whether it's a feeding issue or not depends on whether you have skipcheck and feeders in your rule file, something which you decided not to share with us.
In some combinations of Cognos BI / TM1 versions there was also a defect with returning values for multi-valued slicers if there is a C-level rule involved (I think Workspace Advanced and Report Studio were affected, but not Analysis Studio), which sounds like it could relate to your issue, depending on the reading of your posts. But, since you are providing so little information, these guesses are the best I can do. You can test it in Analysis Studio and/or try to publish the TM1 package as CQM instead of DQM.
Kamil Arendt
Duncan P
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2 10.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by Duncan P »

I remember an issue where the Cognos BI infrastructure could not cope with a rule-defined consolidated value for which none of the underlying leaf level values were, or evaluated to non-zero, regardless of whether it was fed or not. Could this be your problem?

I had to recommend a workaround where a very small value was held or rule-defined at leaf level and was so small that it was always displayed as zero. Not pretty I know.