Public Subsets on }Chores, }Cubes, }Dimensions and }Processes do not persist after a server restart

Ideas and tips for enhancing your TM1 application
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Public Subsets on }Chores, }Cubes, }Dimensions and }Processes do not persist after a server restart

Post by gtonkin »

These dimensions are rebuilt on startup and once rebuilt do not seem to keep the linkage to public subsets.
Even though the subsets can be found in the respective subs folders, they are not registered and are not accessible by users or TI processes.

If you do need to have public subsets for use in TI, create these via a process called by the start-up chore or create the subsets in you TI process as you need them.

Note: this could be a bug or a "feature" per Lotsaram's comments here. Either way, be aware of this in case you ever run into it.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Public Subsets on }Chores, }Cubes, }Dimensions and }Processes do not persist after a server restart

Post by tomok »

I encountered that a while back when I needed to create a cube using the }Chores dimension. I lost everything whenever I created a new chore or edited an existing one because the }Chores dimension is basically destroyed and rebuilt every time you save a chore. My solution was to create a shadow dimension, z_Chores, that I keep up to date via a nightly process.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Re: Public Subsets on }Chores, }Cubes, }Dimensions and }Processes do not persist after a server restart

Post by gtonkin »

Thanks Tom, that will everyone else some time if they try using the system objects in a cube.