Post bug reports and the status of reported bugs
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

9.5, Cube Viewer, No data and Autocalc

Post by Steve Vincent »

There appears to be a bug in the 9.5 cube viewer under the following circumstances;

open a view that contains data
suppress zeroes turned ON
automatic recalculate truned ON
alter the view to a selection that has no data

the following error will pop up;
(noerror):error getting subset properties

View then gets corrupted. If you have suppress zero OFF it works fine. Same happens if you manually recalc the view using the button or F9. The error seems to relate to poor error handling in this particular circumstance, as "No Data Available" should be the error message seen.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: 9.5, Cube Viewer, No data and Autocalc

Post by Steve Vincent »

additional to this, although nothign is mentioned in any of the release notes i can find, 9.5.1 fixes this issue. My advice for anyone going to 9.5 is to consider 9.5.1 despite its newness and likelyhood of regression errors.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
nitho
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2007

Re: 9.5, Cube Viewer, No data and Autocalc

Post by nitho »

Hi Steve,

I also found that if you view have more than 256 column the calculated cells after column 256 will not show corect figurs, but if you slice to Excel the cells will show correct. I have reported the bug to IBM, and they have reproduced it. So I hope it will be fixed in the next version. (I have not had time to check the 9.5.1 version yet.) Maby the problem that you found is related to this one.

Regrads, Nicolaj