So I got this e-mail about Cognos 8.4...

Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

So I got this e-mail about Cognos 8.4...

Post by Alan Kirk »

... though I'm not sure what to make of the question marks in it. (See attached graphic.)
IBM Cognos 8 8v4 offers a multitude of improvements?large and small, readily visible and behind the scenes?
Are we to take this as uncertainty as to whether the changes ARE improvements, or uncertainty as to whether there are any improvements at all?
Our global road show, Performance 2008, kicked off in Chicago on October 1, giving guests from a variety of industries a firsthand look at the latest version of the IBM Cognos 8 platform.
Unfortunately our favourite Chi-kaaa-gan (I hope I pronounced that correctly) is too busy getting a firsthand look at dirty nappies at the moment to give us any details of this, though I'll be attending the one in Sydney on 13 November and will be interested to see what's on offer.
CognosV84.jpg
CognosV84.jpg (118.46 KiB) Viewed 4499 times
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: So I got this e-mail about Cognos 8.4...

Post by Steve Vincent »

We had a demo of Cognos and TM1 9.4 the other day. Have to say if its stable then we'd be able to make good use of the front end that Cognos would allow us, but with it being a web interface we have grave concerns over its speed on our network. We'd only be able to tell if we could get a test box with it all running, but it was the major concern we had based on current experience with other web apps here.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet