Memory Used For Input Data

erik664
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007

Memory Used For Input Data

Post by erik664 »

In my 10.1.1 server, I realized that the physical memory usage had gone up a lot after I loaded a few cubes from a TI that connects though ODBC to a SQL database. I looked in the {StatsByCube Cube, and the "Memory Used For Input Data" is taking up like 90% of the memory! 2.2/2.4GB.

I looked and it seems that this memory is being reserved by TM1 for when it needs to run the load processes. Is that right? It's not a critical issue but it is rather alarming. Has anyone else run into this sort of issue before?
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Re: Memory Used For Input Data

Post by qml »

To my knowledge 'Memory Used For Input Data' is the memory taken up by real data stored in cubes. The remaining memory is what is taken up by feeders, calculation cache, stargate views, other objects, open client sessions and garbage memory. To me 90% of all memory used up by real data looks actually very healthy and normal, I would say better than average. You should not be surprised that loading up some data increases the memory usage of an in-memory database.
Kamil Arendt
erik664
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007

Post by erik664 »

You're right, I'm an idiot. Oh well, at least now I know. Hopefully this helps someone else.
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

erik664 wrote:You're right, I'm an idiot.
I never said that and I don't think asking a question makes you one. All questions lead to enlightenment.
Kamil Arendt
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Post by Paul Segal »

Grasshopper: wax on wax off.
Paul