Session timeout 30s after open a workbook !

phamtinkt88
OLAP Product: SAP BW,TM1
Version: 9.5.2-10.1.0
Excel Version: 2007-2010

Session timeout 30s after open a workbook !

Post by phamtinkt88 »

Hi all,

I currently encountering issue : 1 of my tm1workbooks run ok in excel perspective (4-5s per recalculate), but i can not open that workbook in tm1Web. "Session time out" always occur in 30s after i clik on that workbook.

Anyone who knows please help !

Thanks all,
Tin Pham.
phamtinkt88

Re: Session timeout 30s after open a workbook !

Post by phamtinkt88 »

No one help, i'm still stucking with it ! :(
yyi
Community Contributor

Post by yyi »

erm yes, well hopefully we'll get some more web discussion in this forum from now on..

meanwhile, you could try publishing the workbook to get a better indication of what's happening. i'm assuming you're opening from the navigation pane.
on the web help (the link on tm1web header section) there's some unsupported excel stuff there like certain characters that cause the websheet rendering
to fail and eventually timeout.
Yeon
phamtinkt88

Post by phamtinkt88 »

yyi wrote:erm yes, well hopefully we'll get some more web discussion in this forum from now on..

meanwhile, you could try publishing the workbook to get a better indication of what's happening. i'm assuming you're opening from the navigation pane.
on the web help (the link on tm1web header section) there's some unsupported excel stuff there like certain characters that cause the websheet rendering
to fail and eventually timeout.
Hi yyi,

Sorry for late reply, please refer to line 202-211 in the file to see the formulas that cause session timeout !

Thanks for your help !
Tin
Attachments
2.3 Hieu qua du an_ERROR.rar
(55.41 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 263#p38263

So you haven't explicitly said in either this post or the one above how you worked out that your websheet issues are stemming from the IRR and NPV calculations but I suppose it safe to assume that you did trial and error in the form of: "When I take them out in works, when I leave them in it doesn't"... is that correct?

One reason you probably won't get all too many responses on this specific question is probably surrounding the fact that most people would probably go down the route of doing the calculations in TM1 and then just reading the results in your websheet with a DBRW (which you know will work.)

However as far as I am aware TM1 still doesn't have any built in functions for NPV and IRR (anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

NPV Calc can be easily created in a cube as its simply:
['Net Cashflow'] \ ( ( 1 + ['Discount Rate'])^time)

IRR on the other hand is a bit more complex but if you search the forum you will see a few examples, personally I would calculate it via TI but I have seen it done by a rule.

Generally speaking with websheets it is my opinion that it helps to do as much of the calculation as possible in the back-end (tm1) and just use the sheet for simple data retrieval (and input.)
Declan Rodger