v10.1 New TM1 Servers not available in Peformance Modeler

Mark H
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2007

v10.1 New TM1 Servers not available in Peformance Modeler

Post by Mark H »

Folks

After fresh install i have the samples and a couple of newly created (empty) TM1 servers.
All processes are running via Cognos Configuration and available for use in TM1 Architect.
I go to the Application Portal they are not listed. I access the portal config page, enter adminhost 'servername' and the Refresh button doesn't do anything.
Performance Modeler is finding the Samples ok, and if i edit the samples URL i can then see my new TM1 Servers but cannot connect.

Any pointers : gotta be owener of service account or some such. This is doman level account but TM1 Servers are running as local account.

Thoughts?

Mark
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: v10.1 New TM1 Servers not available in Peformance Model

Post by declanr »

Mark,

I believe that when you go into IBM Cognos TM1 Application Configuration and select the "add" option you need to put the numeric IP address in the admin host box instead of the "server name".

HTH
Declan Rodger
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

I also have this raised as a current PMR, ... so far without resolution. Entering admin host as IP address, server name, domain qualified server name, DNS, domain qualified DNS all yield the same result of server list remains blank and unable to add any servers.

The workaround we have used is to edit the xml file fpmsvc_config.xml and manually add additional server names and then restart tomcat. The file should be in C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\tm1\webapps\pmpsvc\WEB-INF\configuration (if you used the default provided tomcat server, otherwise it will be wherever you configured it).
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

lotsaram wrote:I also have this raised as a current PMR, ... so far without resolution. Entering admin host as IP address, server name, domain qualified server name, DNS, domain qualified DNS all yield the same result of server list remains blank and unable to add any servers.

The workaround we have used is to edit the xml file fpmsvc_config.xml and manually add additional server names and then restart tomcat. The file should be in C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\tm1\webapps\pmpsvc\WEB-INF\configuration (if you used the default provided tomcat server, otherwise it will be wherever you configured it).
wow... you sometimes have to wonder if any testing actually occurs before these things get rolled out to the public...
Declan Rodger
Mark H

Post by Mark H »

Folks, thanks for the replies.

We are using IIS not Apache so cant find any tomcat config files.

I have edited the tmip.ini fil to list all TM1 Servers using a semi colon separator and restarted the box but to no avail

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Applix\TM1\Tm1p.ini.

What i am reading is saying i must first of all activate applictions within a TM1 server before i can add items in the Application Options. But i am first of all wanting to start Performance Modeler on a new/empty TM1 Server in order to create an appliation - arrgghhhh!

Can't see where else to try in terms of config files.

@lotsaram: am i talking nonsense about not using tomcat? I don't have anything in the [C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\tm1\webapps\pmpsvc] directory other that RCP installs

Not looking good.. :cry:
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Mark H wrote:@lotsaram: am i talking nonsense about not using tomcat? I don't have anything in the [C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\tm1\webapps\pmpsvc] directory other that RCP installs
Yep, sure are. No tomcat = no TM1 Application web (which in turn means no Contributor and no Performance Modler.) You're looking in the wrong place, tomcat is installed on the server and likewise that's where all the settings are stored for pmpsvc. You seem to be looking on your own PC where you're not going to find any settings for Performance Modler.
Mark H

Post by Mark H »

There are two 'c:\program files' on the server on the server. Now that i have looked again i have found it exactly where you said it was.

......and everything is working now.

Very cool. Thank you very much indeed.

Mark