SDK-ERR-0064 Installation of Xcelerator failed

Mems
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: v10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

SDK-ERR-0064 Installation of Xcelerator failed

Post by Mems »

I am trying to install Express v9.5 on my laptop running windows 7 64-bit.
The problem being that I can Install ‘Manager’, ‘Advisor’ and ‘Reporter’, but for some reason I cannot install ‘Planner’ or ‘Xcellerator’.

Error message:
SDK-ERR-0064 Installation of Xcelerator failed: SDK-ERR-0148 Process exit code is 8 : Error: -2147217389 Error (Hex): 80041013

I have read almost every forum and have tried almost everything.

* Deleted all known TM1 files incl. (Zero G Registr/ all tm1 files in the registry)- MOD-ERR-001
* Installed IIS version 7
1. At reinstallation of Express TM1web already exist as a IIS app - SDK-ERR-0064 Installation of Xcelerator failed: MOD-ERR-0012
2. IIS configuration is wrong - SDK-ERR-0064 Installation of Xcelerator failed: SDK-ERR-0184 An IIS Configuration error occurred
* Installed the newest .NET framework NGEN - SDK-ERR-0064 Installation of Xcelerator failed
* Changed the .NET framework NGEN version from v4 to v2 and vice-versa - SDK-ERR-0064 Installation of Xcelerator failed: Exit value =1602
* Checked if my TCP port was set to 80 - SDK-ERR-0156 Timed out waiting for module to start: Xcelerator Web
*I have tried installing ' Xcellerator' first before the rest but it makes no difference

None of these solutions helped

If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated,
MEMS
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: SDK-ERR-0064 Installation of Xcelerator failed

Post by jim wood »

Have you rasied it with IBM? If you've explored eveyr other avenue that might be your last resort.

Good luck,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
applix_mc

Post by applix_mc »

Here are some possible suggestions:

SDK-ERR-0064
Incorrect/corrupt version of Microsoft .NET Framework...should be 3.0>

When you install Cognos Express 9.5 Xcelerator, it adds an application named TM1Web to the Default Web Site. TM1WebLogin.aspx is the first file listed in the Default Documents of the application TM1Web. The path to the file TM1WebLogin.aspx is defined by the Physical Path in the Advanced Settings of the application TM1Web. By default that Physical Path points to "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Cognos Express\XCelerator\TM1Web\".

When another node, starting with the Default Web site itself, has added the file TM1WebLogin.aspx to it's Default Documents, the IIS webserver cannot find the file TM1WebLogin.aspx as the Physical Path will not point to the proper directory.
As a result, the duplicated entry of the file TM1WebLogin.aspx in the file list of some other node's Default Documents will trigger the error message in the Cognos Express 9.5 logfile "logs\express\express.log":

<ERROR message="New add object missing required attributes. Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with unique key attribute 'value' set to 'TM1WebLogin.aspx'&#xD;&#xA;." />

Resolving the problem Check the file list in the Default Documents of all nodes, but except the node TM1Web, starting with the top node, the Default Web Site, for the entry TM1WebLogin.aspx and delete it. Then restart the IIS webserver.

Required Role Services not added in IIS 7

Resolving the problem Please follow the steps to add a ‘Role’ in Server Manager for IIS 7:

1. Start ->Administrative Tools -> Server Manager
2. Select the ‘Roles’ item from the tree and click ‘Add Roles’. In the upcoming screen click 'Next'.
3. Select the ‘Web Server (IIS)’ role from the list and click the Next button.
4. In the Select Role Services page, select the ‘ASP.NET’ entry under ‘Application Development’. This will enable IIS to support ASP.NET applications.
5. Click 'Add Required Role Services' button in the Add Role wizard Dialog when asked
6. Ensure 'Static Content' entry is also selected under 'Common HTTP Features'.
7. Click the Next button, and then ‘Install’ to start the installation process.
8. After the installation is complete you should be able to proceed further with the Cognos Express installation.
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1

Post by Martin Ryan »

There are some very detailed logs that Express spits out during installs. Take a look through them. I had some problems with installing Contributor (though not Xcelerator) and I found that I was missing a Windows ocx file, which I downloaded from ocxdump.com.

I also once found on Express 9.0 that pdf camp wasn't installed and that was freezing things up.

In both cases the log provided enough clues to do some intelligent Googling.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Mems
Version: v10.2.2

Post by Mems »

Ok,

This a copy of the logfile - just cleaned up a bit.

SDK-ERR-0064 Installation of Xcelerator failed:
SDK-ERR-0148 Process exit code is 8 :
Error: -2147217389
Error (Hex): 80041013
Source: SWbemServicesEx
Description: Provider load failure Invalid Configuration section: CompilationSection or,
invalid Path: MACHINE/WEBROOT

@ applix_mc - I have read those blogs, hence the reference to the error codes that goes with them. Thanks for the reply though.
MEMS
adde70
Version: TM1 9.5.2
Excel Version: Excel 2007

Post by adde70 »

@Mems,

Did you solve the problem? I have the exact same error log and I am struggling to get my installation of Xcelerator to work.

/Adde
moby91
MVP
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by moby91 »

Some guesses:

If you install Cognos Express 9.5 on Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008, are you installing it as the Local Windows Administrator ?

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21459828
Run as administrator when installing IBM Cognos TM1 on Windows 7 or 2008

If you install Cognos Express 9.5 on Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008, did you disable Windows UAC before you started the install ?

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview ... wg21460200
Installing TM1 client applications on Windows Vista

Part of the Cognos Express Xcelerator installation is the install of a new printer, the PDFCamp Printer.
To succeed the Windows Print Spooler Service must be up&running.
Is the Windows Print Spooler Service must be up&running ?

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21439516
TM1 install generates error message "enummonitors_failed error (1722)"

Part of the Cognos Express Xcelerator instalation is the install of Cognos Express Xcelerator Web.
Cognos Express Xcelerator Web is a .Net application, thus it's mandatory prerequirement for the Microsoft .Net 3.5 SP1 Framework.
Did you install the Microsoft .Net 3.5 SP1 Framework ?
Did you register it afterwards using the DOS command "aspnet_regiis.exe -i" ?

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21351388
Unable to install TM1: Error 1720: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package

Are you using a 64-bit version of Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 ?
If that is the case, did you reconfigure the Microsoft .Net 3.5 SP1 Framework to 64-bit ?

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21497930
Accessing IBM Cognos Express Xcelerator Web displays "Server Error"