skip a generated statement

Carolyn
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

skip a generated statement

Post by Carolyn »

I am becoming comfortable in Turbo Integator, and have started writing my own code. Whoo-hoo!

I want to know if I can make it skip a generated statement, which throws out an error.

I am using TI to transfer a calculated result from last year (DecTotal) into an OpeningBal of this year. That works great in the code that I wrote after the generated statement.

However, in the generated statement part it attempts to write DecTotal of the old years cube into the new years cube, which does not work because DecTotal is a calculated value. I would like TI to totally skip that line of code, but it won't let me even comment out that line.

Any advice?
ellissj3
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.0 - 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Re: skip a generated statement

Post by ellissj3 »

Carolyn,

I am unsure what you really need the generated statements for in this case. You could probably get whatever you need using the prolog and epilog tabs to generte views which could create/delete views you could use for this load. I don't know of a way to populate anything within the generated statements themselves. If you need any assistance or more clarity regarding how to construct the views, just reply.

Steve
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

Carolyn wrote:I want to know if I can make it skip a generated statement, which throws out an error.
Take out the code behind the generated statement.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Carolyn wrote:I am becoming comfortable in Turbo Integator, and have started writing my own code. Whoo-hoo!

I want to know if I can make it skip a generated statement, which throws out an error.

I am using TI to transfer a calculated result from last year (DecTotal) into an OpeningBal of this year. That works great in the code that I wrote after the generated statement.

However, in the generated statement part it attempts to write DecTotal of the old years cube into the new years cube, which does not work because DecTotal is a calculated value. I would like TI to totally skip that line of code, but it won't let me even comment out that line.

Any advice?
1. Copy your generated statements to below the generated statements area (on each "advanced" tab)
2. Go back to the variables tab and make each variable type "other"
3. Now go back to the advanced tabs and add in error handling, edit your code, whatever.

Note that this is an INTERIM strategy for you. Ideally you would not be using the wizard at all to generate code but be writing the code from scratch. The wizard has severe limitations when it comes to doing anything with more than a 0.1 degree of difficulty. (In your case though you might just be able to edit the processing view to skip calculated values, over time though you should learn to construct the views programatically as well.)