Moving the Application from DEV to PROD Server

RT1107
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 9.4 and 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Moving the Application from DEV to PROD Server

Post by RT1107 »

Hi All,

I have an TM1 application on Production Server which is to be enhanced as per the new requirement. The enhancement might change the granularity of Cubes.

These changes cannot be done on Prod Server directly. They need to be done on Dev Server first and then Moved to Prod Server.

The data that the Cube was holding must be restored on Prod after the enhancement. Can u please tell me the best way of doing this.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Aarti
rkaif
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1 or later
Excel Version: 2003 or later

Re: Moving the Application from DEV to PROD Server

Post by rkaif »

What kind of changed you are going to make to the cubes? You have not provided any details.

If you will add dimension(s) to the existing cubes then when you will restore the data you will have to load it under a Dummy element of the new dimension you have created.

If you will remove the dimension form the cube then for restoring you will have to do some sort of consolidation in the history data.

Also make sure to make BACKUPs before you start making changes to the cubes.
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif
dubs
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by dubs »

take a copy of the cube you want the data from and put it into your dev server, create the new cube and write a TI proc to move the data from the old cube to the new cube, and then promote the new cube to the prod server.

of course all views, excel slices and active forms, rules and TI's which use the old cube will need updating
paulsimon
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

If it helps, I have some routines that generate the TI script necessary to re-create views from the existing views on the cube. I have done this sort of thing in the past and used excel formula to modify the generated script to add in lines for the new dimension in the cube so that it is in the title area with an appropriate element selected.

I then just past the lot into a TI process and run it to re-create the views once the cube is re-created.

The only thing it cannot do is to spot views that are only suppressed on rows or columns since there isn't an API call for that

Regards

Paul Simon