harrytm1
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics
Version: Latest version
Excel Version: 2003 to 2019

Unable to swap dimensions in cube viewer

Post by harrytm1 »

hi,

I have 2 users who are using Windows 7 and Excel 2007. TM1 is 9.5.1.

User A is able to swap and stack the dimensions in the cube viewer while User B is not able to. Any idea why the latter is experiencing different behaviour?

thanks.
Planning Analytics latest version, including Cloud
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Unable to swap dimensions in cube viewer

Post by jim wood »

I have never seen this before. My only guess is that the TM! installation is not working properly. The only thing I can suggest as a test is a re-install of TM1 on the offending machine,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Ryan »

I can't actually add any useful advice, but I have seen this before, along with title elements that were zero width. The data still displayed, but I couldn't tell if I was looking at Actual or Budget or...

I got this when I installed TM1 9.5 on my Windows 7 laptop. Since moving to another laptop I've had no problems. I'd got with Jim's suggestion of a reinstall and make sure you've got all the latest fix packs for TM1 and your OS.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Gabor
MVP
Version: [2.x ...] 11.x / PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Excel 2013-2016

Post by Gabor »

Hi,
in 9.5.1 you are able to limit SE usage, are there any switches set and you are not aware of it? (ref. to cube }capabilities)

Also, I have actually seen a different behavior depending on 32 vs. 64 bit version Win 7. Both are supported, Client / Perspectives / Architect are 32 bit anyway, since 64 is not available.
32 bit works fine while 64 bit OS is not stabil and causes several issues, e.g. empty header in cube browser etc.
I have made an inquiry, next task is to retest using 9.5.1 HF10.
This strange behavior does not appear in every cube, direct browsing in Excel worked fine.

Regards
Gabor