Error msg: No read access to elements, cannot view

telula

Error msg: No read access to elements, cannot view

Post by telula »

Hello,
I have admin rights but I am getting this error message "Measures: No read access to elements, cannot view". Measures being a dimension.
What have I done wrong?
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Error msg: No read access to elements, cannot view

Post by Alan Kirk »

telula wrote:Hello,
I have admin rights but I am getting this error message "Measures: No read access to elements, cannot view". Measures being a dimension.
What have I done wrong?
You are getting this error message... where?

Cube viewer? Subset editor? Some other place?

Is it possible that you're trying to open a view, and that all of the elements that had been defined for the dimension subset for that view have been deleted since it was defined? (In which case you will get that message, Admin or not.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
telula

Post by telula »

I got that error when I double clicked the Cube that has that Measures dimension
BUT, double clicking another cube that has the same dimension does not give me that error message.
:?
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

telula wrote:I got that error when I double clicked the Cube that has that Measures dimension
BUT, double clicking another cube that has the same dimension does not give me that error message.
:?
If it's the reason that I suggested, it's most likely that the default view for the second cube doesn't have a subset of deleted members, unlike the first one. The problem isn't likely to be the dimension itself, it's the view that you're opening, and more specifically the elements that you have defined for that dimension in the view. Try deleting the view in the first cube and recreating it. If the first cube has no views and is therefore opening the implicit default view, make sure that the default subset for the dimension is defined to include some elements.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.