Post by dubs »

Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can get info on the undocumented TI functions such as:

DimensionElementInsertByAlias
DimensionEditingAliasSet

and variables such as:

ODBODimensionTM1DimName
ODBODimensionTM1DimName

I cannot find decriptions and argument definitions on either google or in the documentation, does anyone know where this info is?

Many Thanks
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Undocumented Turbo Integrator Functions

Post by lotsaram »

dubs wrote:Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can get info on the undocumented TI functions such as:

DimensionEditingAliasSet

and variables such as:

ODBODimensionTM1DimName
ODBODimensionTM1DimName

I cannot find decriptions and argument definitions on either google or in the documentation, does anyone know where this info is?

Many Thanks
Erm, the functions are undocumented, therefore there is no documentation. To expect otherwise would be a contradiction.

If you want to play with undocumented features and functions the only way is via trial and error and is obviously at your own peril.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

lotsaram wrote:
dubs wrote: Does anyone know where I can get info on the undocumented TI functions such as:

DimensionEditingAliasSet

and variables such as:

ODBODimensionTM1DimName
ODBODimensionTM1DimName

Many Thanks
Erm, the functions are undocumented, therefore there is no documentation. To expect otherwise would be a contradiction.
Rather like expecting Iboglix to document everything (E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G) and not just what they frappin' feel like would be like bashing one's head repeatedly against a wall. (API manual, and even worse, the joke that passes for the .Net API manual, I'm looking with a death stare in your direction.)

"Oh, well, we put those in the reserved words list, what, do they actually want to know what they do as well? Some people are never satisfied..."

Best bet is to lodge a PMR with IBM support. There's the remote, distant possibility that at the very least it might clue someone in there in to the fact that "hey, we listed these functions then forgot to say what they do" and they may rectify it... some day. Just be aware that there are some keywords that seem to have been left over from defunct versions and have no purpose any more, but since these ones first made an appearance in the 9.4 manual that's probably not the case with these.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
dubs
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by dubs »

Thanks Alan

it's a shame IBM haven't comprehensively undocumented them as they do appear in the documentation just without explanation, you'd think if they were truly undocumented they wouldn't appear in the documentation at all ;)