Excel Version: 2003

Intercube Feeders Query

Post by dubs »

Hi All,

I'm just setting up some inter-cube feeders using:

[AREA STATEMENT] => [DB STATEMENT];

and I'm getting a syntax error:

Code: Select all

['Dollars'] => DB('Profit And Loss', !Version, 'Dollars', !Period, !ChartOfAccounts);
The error is on the !Version and !ChartOfAccounts arguments, if I build the statement using the 'Insert Cube Reference' option the Reference column is blank for those two dimensions and contains !Measures and !Period for the Measures and Period dimensions respectively. If I click the ! button for the Version or ChartOfAccounts dimensions nothing appears.

Does anyone know why this is? Why I'm able to use the ! statement for some dimensions but not others? I want to be able to use feed the entire 'Dollars' area of the destination cube but TM1 is forcing me to pick single elements for the Version and ChartOfAccounts dimensions.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Intercube Feeders Query

Post by lotsaram »

You can only use the !dimension notation for dimensions that are part of the cube where you are writing the rule or feeder.

When feeding between asymetric cubes you need to specify individual elements for the non-matching dimension (or have a method of obtaining the correct element in the non-matching dimension such as a cube or attribute lookup.)
dubs
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Re: Intercube Feeders Query

Post by dubs »

ah ok,

Yes that makes sense, the feeder won't be able to cycle through the elements of an entire dimension if that dimension isn't in the cube.

I guess what I'll have to do is use the top most element of the hiearchy for each dimension that isn't in the cube I'm pushing the feeder from. That will allow me to feed an area in the destination cube.

cheers