mce
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: Planning Analytics Local 2.0.x
Excel Version: 2013 2016

Cell Security

Post by mce »

Hi,

As per my knowledge, cell security implemented in a cube disables the element security settings defined for the dimension elements.
When I put 'none' in element security for some elements, then they are not seen in to the user at all. For example if I disable a user from seing a version completely, then the user is even not aware of the that version when viewing the cubes.
However if I do the same restriction in a cell security cube for this version, then user is able to see the version in the views of the cube, but the data for that version is not displayed in the cells of the view although cells are displayed. I would logically expect cells of this version not being displayed at all if the user opens a view containing this version. I think this is a great disadvantage for implementing cell security.

As I am new in TM1, do I miss anything here, or is there any tricks that I can do on this to achive the same in cell security?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Regards,
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: Cell Security

Post by Wim Gielis »

No, AFAIK you are not missing anything.

I practice it will usually mean that you will also have (partly similar) rules on the element security control cubes.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly