DB() in Rules with renamed cubes and dimensions

louby321
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4 FP3
Excel Version: Excel 2007

DB() in Rules with renamed cubes and dimensions

Post by louby321 »

Hi

I'm rewriting a model in TM1 and tidying up naming convensions of cubes and dimensions.
I have copied a cube using the new names and then loaded it with previous years data, using a TI procedure
to do this. The old cube had rules attached, which I have copied and pasted into rues attached to the new cube.
In the rule editor I have done a find and replace on old cube and dimension names to new cube and dimension names.

However, the fields that are populated by a rule ( that gets the value from another cube using DB statement ) have not populated. If I write the DB statement again, using the DB() button in the rules editor, the rule works, though the statement looks the same as the find and replace version.

Example :

Cubes: OldRatesCube Dimensions: Old Academic Year
Old Rates Codes
Old Measure

NewRatesCube Dimensions: New Academic Year
New Rates Codes
New Measures
The only difference in the dimensions are their names. Elements in the dimensions have the same name, and the structures are the same - I used the dimension copier to create them.

Old cube rule statement is DB('OLDRatesCube',!Old Academic Year,'All Codes','Value');
New cube statement ( using find and replace ) DB('NewRatesCube',!New Academic Year,'All Codes','Value');

Any reason why this doesn't work and I have to re build the DB statement from scratch ?

Many thanks for any help
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: DB() in Rules with renamed cubes and dimensions

Post by Martin Ryan »

No reason why this shouldn't work.

I'd say try doing the find and replace, and then below one of the rules rewrite it using the DB button and compare the two. I think you'll find that there's some minor difference which you can then apply to the rest of the changes.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer