Subset importing

ravi
OLAP Product: cognos
Version: tm1 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Subset importing

Post by ravi »

Hi All,

Is it possible to import subset from one cube to another cube- if what are the steps.
Note: I have one one subset in a cube - and I want to import this subset to another cube.
Regards,
Ravi
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Subset importing

Post by lotsaram »

A subset is attached to a dimension not a cube. If dimensions are shared between cubes then subsets in the dimension will automatically be available for queries to all cubes of which the dimension is a part of.

Try explaining again what you want to do. With your current explanation one would just be guessing at best.
ravi
OLAP Product: cognos
Version: tm1 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Post by ravi »

Hi
Yes- Besically I want to share dimension between the cube.
How would i do that-

Now the cube is already created with one wrong dimension-I want import or share correct dimension which is available in some other cube.
Regards,
Ravi
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

ravi wrote:Hi
Yes- Besically I want to share dimension between the cube.
How would i do that-

Now the cube is already created with one wrong dimension-I want import or share correct dimension which is available in some other cube.
Regards,
Ravi
You can't change the dimensions once you've created a cube. The only thing you can do is (assuming that you want the corrected cube to have the same name) is export the data from the existing cube to a text file, delete the old cube, create the new one with the correct dimensions, and reimport the data.

However this doesn't have anything to do with subsets. As lotsaram said, those go along with the dimensions.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.