Write TM1 data into database table using MDX

Misty
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Write TM1 data into database table using MDX

Post by Misty »

Hi,

I want to use Turbo Integrator to write TM1 cube data into a single database table. I have defined a view which looks the way I want it to, but when I do an asciioutput function to see what it will look like in a csv, I'm not getting the right output.

I have one true dimension (Team), and then I actually have a 'measures' dimension with 4 string elements (weird I know - don't ask!): Department, Division, Business Group, Effective Date. (It's essentially an input tool for the users to update their hierarchies)

I really want to write this data to a 5-column database table (Team, Department, Division, Business Group, Effective Date) where the primary key is Team.

I've done an asciioutput to see what it will look like, but TM1 wants to write one row for each 'measure' on the Team dimension, instead of just writing one row per Team with 5 columns.

I think what I want to do is select the data using an MDX query (Team on rows, each of the 'measures' on columns), and then use a SQL INSERT statement to put it into the db table.

Anyone know if this is possible? I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks

Misty
harrytm1
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics
Version: Latest version
Excel Version: 2003 to 2019

Re: Write TM1 data into database table using MDX

Post by harrytm1 »

hi,

I posted a similar thread a few days back and Wim replied with a solution. I did not need to use MDX. What he suggested was to simply use CellGetS and CellGetN to retrieve the measure data that you need as variables and then insert them into the Asciioutput line.
Planning Analytics latest version, including Cloud