Creating Hyperlinks to Uploaded Files

alimurat
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10 2 2 FP3
Excel Version: 2010

Creating Hyperlinks to Uploaded Files

Post by alimurat »

I've followed this: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... Uploa.html

Unfortunately, I was only able to give hyperlinks to .xls files, but not to .doc or .pdf files.

Does anyone know how to do it?
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Creating Hyperlinks to Uploaded Files

Post by Alan Kirk »

alimurat wrote:I've followed this: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... Uploa.html

Unfortunately, I was only able to give hyperlinks to .xls files, but not to .doc or .pdf files.

Does anyone know how to do it?
Yes. Build your own web site from scratch. Or, put another way... you can't, not in TM1 Web anyway. It's been something that has been a grievance of mine from the first time we deployed Web.

However as Iboglix support pointed out, it's quite open to any of us to prepare a business case to try to justify why they should rectify this ridiculously overlooked piece of functionality. :evil:
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
alimurat

Post by alimurat »

Wow Alan, easy! Thanks to our consultant, I found a work around. Instead of loading the files as applications, just create a folder in localhost(inetpub) and upload your files in there. That way you can actually get "Hyperlink" function to work for uploaded files from within Tm1 websheets.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

alimurat wrote:Wow Alan, easy! Thanks to our consultant, I found a work around. Instead of loading the files as applications, just create a folder in localhost(inetpub) and upload your files in there. That way you can actually get "Hyperlink" function to work for uploaded files from within Tm1 websheets.
I think I looked at that one at the time; just be careful because if I recall correctly the problem that we encountered with something like that (and I can't test / check it at the moment) is that it bypasses the TM1 security groups which regulate access to application folders. Probably doesn't matter for something which can be universally accessed, but will be a problem for anything that you want to limit to a subset of web users.

(There may have been another problem too, I think, but as I recall that was the main one.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
alimurat

Post by alimurat »

Thanks for the heads up. In this case these are all informative PDF files that everyone should be able to access, so it worked like a charm.
yyi
Community Contributor

Post by yyi »

TM1://ServerName/blob/PUBLIC/.\}Externals\TM1_Filename
thanks for the link, i was trying to use action butttons on worksheets to open other excel templates. :)
instead, this enables me to paste pictures and add hyperlinks to xl templates in the applications folder.
Yeon