Cognos Express

Twiggej
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Cognos Express

Post by Twiggej »

Hi All,

I have published a package in Framework Manager with 2 TM1 cubes. But when I open the package in Report Studio, all of the dimensions in both cubes have no Aliases(Descriptions).

The following happens:

In TM1 my Cost Centre dimension consist out of cost centre codes as my elements, and the cost centre description as an alias named "Cost Centre Description".
After publishing my cube in Framework Manager and opening it in Report Studio, I have two attributes named "Cost Centre - Name" and "Member Description".
These attributes don't exist in my dimension in TM1 and I don't understand where they are coming from. They also don't contain any information.

Can anyone advise me on how to get my actual alias for the cost centre dimension into report studio?

Regards, Jackie
Herman Moller

Re: Cognos Express

Post by Herman Moller »

Jackie,

Report Studio show all attributes (Non - Alias) in the viewer.

When you are importing the cube in FrameWork manager there is an option to load an alias. You should be able this in framework manager.

HTH

Herman
Twiggej
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Re: Cognos Express

Post by Twiggej »

Hi Herman,

Am I correct in assuming that you mean I had to do the following:

In FM, when creating my model using the Metadata wizard there were the following steps:
1. Selecting my data source
2. Selecting the cube I want to import
3. Assigning one or more locales to each language specific alias table.

It is in step three where if I specify the alias to use, I should be able to see it in Report Studio?

I did complete this step, but I still do not see any aliases for my dimensions.

Regards, Jackie