MarenC
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Feeders Not firing when using flag value

Post by MarenC »

Hi All,

Just wondered if I had missed something fundamental with feeders or whether I am seeing some kind of bug.

I have created a reconciliation cube which gets its data from 2 other cubes, Actuals Cube and Forecast Cube.

I am using a flag to feed the cells in the reconciliation cube, this flag gets populated via a TI and is a numeric flag.

The reconciliation cube rule for the values in the 2 cubes is as follows:

Code: Select all

['Actuals Salary']=N:
	DB('Actuals',
	'Calculated',
	!Period,
	DB('System Settings','Actuals','Financial Year','String'),
	!Cost Centre,!Employee,!Position,'Total Grades','Total Scales','Actual Salary'
	);

['Forecast Salary']=N:
	DB('Forecast',
	'Calculated',
	!Period,
	DB('System Settings','Actuals','Financial Year','String'),
	!Cost Centre,!Employee,!Position,'Total Grades','Total Scales','Forecast Salary'
	);
The Feeder is as follows:

['Recon Flag']=>['Actuals Salary'],['Forecast Salary'];
Please note that ['Recon Flag'],['Actuals Salary'],['Forecast Salary'] are all in the same dimension.

So here comes the issue:

The TI to populate the flags includes a clear and then load flags as part of the process. Though there is the option to just clear the flags.
If I run the process to update the flags everything gets populated in the correct place but the cells are not fed.
In other words a value of 1 is put into all the relevant cells.

If I manually clear the flag in the cube view and then enter a 1 against the flag the cell becomes fed.
If I run the TI in clear mode, i.e. clear but do not populate, and then rerun the TI to both load and clear mode this also updates the feeders.
But running the TI in both clear and run mode without running in clear mode doesn't fire the feeders.

I tried to reprocess the feeders via a TI and this didn't fire the feeders.

To sum up, the only way I could fire the feeders was to clear the flag of 1 first and then repopulate the flag.

I was expecting a value of 1 entered against the flag to have automatically updated the feeders for ['Actuals Salary'] and ['Forecast Salary'].

Maren