Universal reports

JohnO
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9.x
Excel Version: Office 365 16

Universal reports

Post by JohnO »

Now released in PAfE 2.0.90

I'm expecting everyone will be looking at it soon enough, I'm thinking it might warrant an ongoing thread

Seems to have a lot of functionality and I don't want to be negative but some of the omissions are a bit problematic. I'm assuming they will be resolved in further releases.

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/planning-an ... -universal

Of course we all want the new hierarchy data functions but I don't see anything in the roadmap for that.
MarenC
Regular Participant
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Re: Universal reports

Post by MarenC »

Of course we all want the new hierarchy data functions but I don't see anything in the roadmap for that.
My understanding is that the TM1SET function does this, though I have never used it so I may be wrong.

I was waiting for the arrival of Universal Reports to start playing with TM1SET.

Maren
JohnO

Post by JohnO »

MarenC wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:05 am
My understanding is that the TM1SET function does this, though I have never used it so I may be wrong.

I was waiting for the arrival of Universal Reports to start playing with TM1SET.

Maren
Universal Reports rely on TM1Set and a number of other custom worksheet functions (The list is in the documentation) but the replacements for DBRW etc have not yet been released.
MarenC
Regular Participant
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Post by MarenC »

Universal Reports rely on TM1Set and a number of other custom worksheet functions (The list is in the documentation) but the replacements for DBRW etc have not yet been released.
So DBRW will not work with TM1Set if the TM1Set references another hierarchy?

Maren
JohnO

Post by JohnO »

MarenC wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:07 am

So DBRW will not work with TM1Set if the TM1Set references another hierarchy?

Maren
No, different functions are required for cell read and cell send etc.

IBM showed DQR and some of the new worksheet functions almost 3 years ago when the release of DQR was then imminent. I think Cubewise have built the new function(s) into their slice tool. someone else can confirm.

But I would expect IBM to come up with new versions of the other functions ike ELCOMPN etc, just as they did for rules / TIs.

On one of the AMA's earlier this year they said that 1) Universal reports would end up replacing dynamic reports 2) they would release the functionally over time, and 3) they mentioned that they will have a conversion tool when the time comes.

So there is still a lot more before this add-in becomes what it arguably would have been expected to be when Server 11 was released. The published roadmap does not contain any further detail so the timeline is anyones guess.