Next-Button when using SUBNM formula

schlemiel29
OLAP Product: TM/1
Version: 11.8
Excel Version: Excel 365

Next-Button when using SUBNM formula

Post by schlemiel29 »

Hi,
I like to implement some additional functionality in a report. E.g. the user can select a month from a SUBNM formula. To quickly jump to the next month I want to create a button, which sets the actual selected month to the next one and updates the report.
How can I do it? If possible this setting should be stored in a user depended cube, so when opening a different report the next day, this setting is still available.
Thanks in advance
Dirk
ardi
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1, cognos bi
Version: from TM1 9.4 to PA 2.0.9.6
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Next-Button when using SUBNM formula

Post by ardi »

First thing, you need to have an attribute "Next_Month" on your Time/Month dimension. Then in your "Next Month" Action Button, make it Navigate to the same Websheet, but set the "Advanced Options" so the "Next_Month" Value of your Selected Month, for Target Type, Select SUBNM and for Target Object, specify the name of your Time/Month dimension. If there are multiple SUBNM formulas using the Time/Month dimension, then you have to use Named Ranges
Ardian Alikaj
schlemiel29
OLAP Product: TM/1
Version: 11.8
Excel Version: Excel 365

Re: Next-Button when using SUBNM formula

Post by schlemiel29 »

Thanks for the tipp, now get it work. I didn't use a additional attribute, but calculated the new month (prev and next) in the sheet itself and then wrote it into the desired cell (actual month), everything depends on.
So far so good.

The problem ist, that I set an initial value (actual month from NOW() formula) with a simple formula. As long as there is a formula, this value will not be overwritten. But when I overwrite the formula with a value from a validaded excel list or simply type a valid month name in, then updating of this cell works by the properties set in the dialog of the button. The cell itself is not write protected.

So what is the reason, that a cell with formula can not be replaced by a value defined in "Extended options" (sorry, my orginal text is in german)?
Is there a work around?