TM1-Web Usage of Alias for Elements

Thjodolf
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2303

TM1-Web Usage of Alias for Elements

Post by Thjodolf »

Hi,

in my TM1-Web websheet when users want to do a relative proportional spread, they get offered a window which displays the dimensions with the
elements of the actual selection. Problem is when they change the elements they see the real names not the aliases. And because I use aliases in the websheet they should not be confused with different namings.

How can I make sure that an alias is shown in the selection? Tried saving the standard view of the cube with the alias names and also saving the standard subset with the alias names active.
Both didn't work. :(

Would appreciate any help.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TM1-Web Usage of Alias for Elements

Post by lotsaram »

I think there's nothing to do here except user education.
When the users make an alternate selection by dimension for the relative spread it will launch the subset editor, and there they get the chance to apply an alias rather than the element technical names.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Thjodolf
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2303

Re: TM1-Web Usage of Alias for Elements

Post by Thjodolf »

Thanks for your answer.

But it is not launching directly into the subset-editor. It opens a selection-list like the SUBNM-cells in websheets.
To get to the subset-editor the user needs to click on the pencil-button on the lower right.

It is the same functionality like SUBNM-cells, just without the possibility to define a standard alias it seems.

I also tried using Caption attributes who are used for localization but to no avail.