PAX 2.0.67.7 Add-ins not saving

JavDawg69
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics for Watson
Version: 2.0.67.7
Excel Version: 365

PAX 2.0.67.7 Add-ins not saving

Post by JavDawg69 »

Hello everyone - I have downloaded PAX 2.0.67.7 for excel O365 32-bit. I'm able to set up the add-ins initially but every time I close and reopen excel the ribbon for IBM Planning analytics is missing and I have to go in and select the add-ins again. If I close excel again the add-in is gone upon reopening again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
paulsimon
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Re: PAX 2.0.67.7 Add-ins not saving

Post by paulsimon »

Hi

Are you able to add other Add Ins or is it only the PAX Add In that has this problem?

If you get the same issue with other Add Ins, it is possible that your IT department has locked down your profile so that changes to it cannot be saved. You will need to contact them.

If you can show hidden folders you might be able to show your AppData folder and you might be able to put the XLL into C:\Users\<your user profile>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns

Another way around the issue is to just create a shortcut to Excel with a space and then the path to the PAX XLL. Using that shortcut you can start Excel and it will load the Add in.

Another way around the issue is to just double click the XLL which will start Excel and load the Add In

We did recently have a few users with issues when we upgraded from the old installed PAX to the new single XLL PAX.

Essentially the uninstall had not worked properly. (You must uninstall the old installed PAX before using the new XLL only PAX)

I can't remember the name of it off hand but in the install instructions there is an obscure folder under your Local profile that you need to delete.

However, even after that, we found that the Add In still could not be installed properly via Excel Options.

As the computers were locked down we had to get someone from IT to use RegEdit to delete old links to the Cognos XLL and the old XLAs

Only then did it finally load properly as an Excel Add In.

Users who had not had the old version of PAX installed did not get this problem.

If you haven't already installed the old PAX everywhere, make sure that you save a copy of the VBA modules that allow you to use PAX macros, as these are not included with the new XLL and go when it is uninstalled. You can probably find them on the internet but it could save some time especially if you have customised them. For example, we add in our own error handler.

Regards

Paul Simon