[SOLVED] Unable to get value of the property 'split': object is null or undefined

gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

[SOLVED] Unable to get value of the property 'split': object is null or undefined

Post by gtonkin »

I have a user on IE11 trying to access a websheet. When they try to open it, it gives them

Code: Select all

Unable to get value of the property 'split': object is null or undefined
Other users on IE11 seems fine,
Other users on IE9 seem fine
Toggling Compatibility view on/off makes no difference
Ctrl+Shift+Refresh to clear the cache does not help either

From what I can guess, there must be a piece of code trying to do a SPLIT() function on something and somewhere, possibly her locale settings or somewhere else there is an incompatibility.

Has anyone come across this and managed to resolve? This forum seems void of this error to date, as does Google.

TM1 version 10.2.2 FP4 on Win2008R2, Application server is Apache Tomcat, Typical installation for both components.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by gtonkin on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Unable to get value of the property 'split': object is null or undefined

Post by jim wood »

Could it be security issue? Are you sure that this user has access to the all the data / cubes / dimensions / elements within sheet? I don't know if this is the answer, but you never know. I haven't had chance to work that much with TM1 Web 10.2.2 yet.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
gtonkin
MVP

Post by gtonkin »

Hi Jim, thanks for the reply. Itdoes not appear to be security related from what I can tell - I now have 2 users experiencing this -
-both on IE11,
-both also have perspectives and the template is fine when opening, entering, refreshing etc.
-Locale settings (intl.cpl) seem to be the same as other users who do not have issues
-also, the first sheet in the template is a control sheet with 1 SUBNM formula on an element that everyone has WRITE access to.
-both users were fine prior to the upgrade from 10.2.2 to 10.2.2 FP4 (btw after the upgrade, most users who had accessed the 10.2.2 TM1Web had to clear their cache by Ctrl+Refresh)

I think my next step may be creating a basic websheet with pretty much nothing in it and see if I can narrow it down to something like a freeze pane, formatting etc.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

Sounds like fun and the right approach,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
garry cook
Community Contributor
Version: Various
Excel Version: Various

Post by garry cook »

We went from 10.2.2 SP2 to SP4 on our dev server just before Xmas and haven't seen any issues such as the clearing of cache however we strongly suggest to users that they access via Firefox / Chrome rather than IE as we've seen a number of random rendering issues with IE over SP1 / 2 / 4 cycle.

Has got to the point where we pretty much don't support IE as a browser unfortunately but the reality is that going in via Firefox is hardly a showstopper so we have convinced them to live with that ;)
gtonkin
MVP

Post by gtonkin »

Hi Garry, that would be the preferred route but some corporates have other ideas.
The next problem you may encounter with Firefox and Chrome is with Locale settings per this post.
What happens here is that TM1Web gets confused with the locale settings so may display correctly initially e.g. 5.23% but when you enter data, it may take the decimal as a thousand separator, a comma as a decimal separator and render input useless, forcing users to delete contents then enter 0.0523.
gtonkin
MVP

[SOLVED] Re: Unable to get value of the property 'split': object is null or undefined

Post by gtonkin »

Having luck with the following sequence of actions:
  • Open IE and go to TM1 Web login page
  • Ctrl+Shift+Refresh to clear cache
  • Goto Tools, Compatibility View Settings, Add TM1 Web host to list of sites
  • Close IE
  • Open IE and go to TM1 Web login page
  • Ctrl+Shift+Refresh to clear cache
  • Goto Tools, Compatibility View Settings, *remove* TM1 Web host from list of sites
  • Login and try to open template