Help With Cognos TM1 + SAP HANA on AIX

emantovani
OLAP Product: 10.2.2
Version: 1022
Excel Version: 2010

Help With Cognos TM1 + SAP HANA on AIX

Post by emantovani »

Hi,

I´m having a issue when a try to create a Dimension from SAP HANA, the error message is:

CCognosProxy::Could not get version:Write error
Error: Prolog procedure line (0): Unable to open data source "SAPHANA".CCognosProxy::Could not get version:Write error

Can someone help me please?

Best regards.
nick_leeson
OLAP Product: TM1 9x, BPC, Hyperion, HANA
Version: TM1 10
Excel Version: Excel 2003 - 2010

Re: Help With Cognos TM1 + SAP HANA on AIX

Post by nick_leeson »

How are you connecting to HANA from TM1 via ODBC ? or via the the standard ODBC.
What is your SQL ? Is it a calculation view ?

The larger question is why not go with a more integrated solution for Budgeting and Forecasting if you are already on HANA. :roll:

IMHO The way S4/HANA is coming along , I would seriously leverage all the power of HANA . Think Simple Finance with Fiori and your CFO would never be more happier
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

IMHO The way S4/HANA is coming along , I would seriously leverage all the power of HANA . Think Simple Finance with Fiori and your CFO would never be more happier
Suggesting he gets a different product isn't solving his TM1 problem.
Then, he hasn't said how he's connecting and the messages he quotes look very odd - perhaps he is using the BI connector? I have not heard good things about that approach. Can the OP give more detail?
emantovani

Post by emantovani »

Hi,

We are using ODBC to connect the systems, the HDBODBC32, i have installed, but, i dont know if its working or not, we are trying to connect the data bases already, never worked, how i know if im using the standard ODBC how i check ? and answering the questions, i´m just come to the project, just trying the make this works, the architecture was created before i enter im the project, and i know its not the best.

Its a calculation view

Basicaly, HANA - TM1 - SPSS -R

One more info, we can see the data in hana, in the preview button, the error occur when try to create the dimension, maybe the version error is in the server ?
BrianL
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2 10.1 10.2 PA2
Excel Version: 2016

Post by BrianL »

You seem very confused. HDBODBC32 is the SAP HANA ODBC driver. Just having that installed does not at all answer what you are using on the TM1 side to connect.

When you open the failing TI process, what is the datasource type? Based on the error message, I expect it's some flavor of "IBM Cognos Package". You should verify that package connector is installed and configured correctly.
emantovani

Post by emantovani »

HI,

package connector is installed, IBM COGNOS 10 package connector for TM1, but i dont know if installed correctly, sorry if i look confusing, but this world is new for me.

Best Regards.
nick_leeson
OLAP Product: TM1 9x, BPC, Hyperion, HANA
Version: TM1 10
Excel Version: Excel 2003 - 2010

Post by nick_leeson »

As was rightly pointed out HDBODBC32 is the SAP HANA ODBC driver and can be setup just like an ordinary ODBC driver.

You will need to install the driver on the TM1 Server and pop in the details as you would for any ordinary ODBC driver.

If you can connect to the HANA DB then you should be be able connect to TM1 using a TI as you normally would using an ODBC Driver i.e. via Data Source Name in your TI. I suspect there could be some issues with credentials but this could easily be checked using SAP HANA Studio.
emantovani

Post by emantovani »

Hi i will install the sap hana studio to test the connection, but when i enter in the architect, i can connect to SAP Hana Server, turbo integrator, IBM COGNOS Package, source,SAPHANA, in the preview button, i can see the data in sap hana database, when i press the RUN Button the error appear;

we are using the package connector on server to conect in the BI and BI on SAP HANA

I belive the error is in the server side, i will check the odbc in server
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

Hi i will install the sap hana studio to test the connection, but when i enter in the architect, i can connect to SAP Hana Server, turbo integrator, IBM COGNOS Package, source,SAPHANA, in the preview button, i can see the data in sap hana database, when i press the RUN Button the error appear;

we are using the package connector on server to connect in the BI and BI on SAP HANA

I believe the error is in the server side, i will check the odbc in server
I strongly suggest you put the package connector to one side and use ODBC.
emantovani

Post by emantovani »

Hi guys

I just solved the question, i mean, IBM have, this is a know issue from IBM AIX+TM1/COGNOS

in the server just put this ambient variant

COG_ROOT to ".." (upper directory in cognos work directory)

and now works fine.

Thank you guys