Hello All

Background: I am working on TM1 10.2

Cube Security:
Cube A: WRITE (For all users)
Cube B:READ
Cube C:READ
Cube D:READ

Dimension Security:
All dimensions which are includes in abobe A,B,C,D cube tried with both READ and WRITE security. Right now we have 'READ' Security

Element Security:
It is for only version dimension and all elements are in 'READ' except Forecast Input. Same dimension subset has been used as control dimension in TM1 Application called 'MODEL'.

Opportunity to learn (Issues):

Admin is able to write back to tm1 from perspective irrespective whether application is activated or not.

Users: When application is deactivated than users are able to write back to TM1 from perspective but when admin activate the application so everyone can see that, the write back functionality is not working.

Users are writing back from perspective to system: User has selected leaf level city in the region dimension and Forecast Input in version (Which has WRITE element security). another is measure (P&L Accounts) and time dimension. There is no element security excet version dimension.

Could you please help me to learn what could be the underlaying problem(According to me its a security issue)? What should i look in to the model or in to the application? does Anyone else has faced it?
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: TM1 10.2 Application Activation did not allow write back

Post by declanr »

dharav wrote: Users are writing back from perspective to system: User has selected leaf level city in the region dimension and Forecast Input in version (Which has WRITE element security). another is measure (P&L Accounts) and time dimension. There is no element security excet version dimension.

Could you please help me to learn what could be the underlaying problem(According to me its a security issue)? What should i look in to the model or in to the application? does Anyone else has faced it?

When an application is active a user needs to hit the "take ownership" button in order to be given access to the relevant intersections of the cube, otherwise they will just have read access (or possibly no access).
Out of interest why are the users working through perspectives if there is an application in place? Or was it just for the purpose of testing after writing through the application failed?

If the users are still unable to write to their section of the model after hitting "take ownership" could you provide more detail on the type of application (Approval etc) and what the entry dimension is for the application (the thing where they select an element from a certain dimension to work on - currently having a mental block on what it's called in the application designer pm interface - possibly "approval hierarchy dimension"?)
Declan Rodger
dharav
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Re: TM1 10.2 Application Activation did not allow write back

Post by dharav »

Hello declanr

Thanks for your prompt response. Your answer work for me. They are doing it without taking ownership and i completely ignored it.

Here we have created TM1 application as it gives the same feel as in Cognos EP as my company migrating from EP to TM1 and we can take ownership (workflow is there).
For Reporting purpose and also to write back purpose they are using perspective because in perspective data entry is much faster.

According to my knowledge, we can only work out with ownership node in application itself not in perspective. Correct me if i am wrong and let me know the way?

We have good performance of our 'model' in perspective but in contributor it is relative slow. could you throw some inputs if you can? It also open fast in architect.

Your inputs are valuable for consideration.

Thanks