TM1 Tools 64 Bit - Does it exist?

RBSolanna
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.0 to Planning Analytics
Excel Version: All

TM1 Tools 64 Bit - Does it exist?

Post by RBSolanna »

I've been hiding under a 10.2.2 rock now for several years so my apologies on getting so late to the party

My client is finally upgrading to PA but we are sticking with on prem and will continue to use Perspectives for the near future
The user community uses TM1 Tools 32 bit extensively with much success

I've been searching the Forum to see if a 64 bit version was ever completed
There was a post from someone that had modified the code and created a TM1Tools.xlam file
I downloaded this as an option but unfortunately it's not working in Microsoft Office 365 64 bit which will be used as the standard Excel interface going forward

Alan, Martin, and Steve, can you please enlighten me?
If there isn't a 64 bit version that works in Microsoft 365 can you suggest an alternative?

All the best,

Solanna
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: TM1 Tools 64 Bit - Does it exist?

Post by tomok »

Considering that is a Revelwood tool, and not something from IBM, you should probably contact them.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

tomok wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:47 pm Considering that is a Revelwood tool, and not something from IBM, you should probably contact them.
Ex-fricking-SCUSE me??? I wrote the majority of TM1 Tools, with Steve Rowe and Martin Ryan writing the rest of it (as was alluded to in the original post), and we are not now, and never have been Revelwood.

In response to the original question, I have a new user base which is entirely on 64 bit Excel and some of them are pining for TM1 Tools so yes, I am working on a 64 bit version but I'm looking at converting over to the Rest API since some of the functionality in the existing one is based on ye olde classic API which doesn't support things such as alternative hierarchies. I don't have a timeline on this unfortunately but I'm intermittently working on it at the moment.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Alan Kirk wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:31 pmIn response to the original question, I have a new user base which is entirely on 64 bit Excel and some of them are pining for TM1 Tools so yes, I am working on a 64 bit version but I'm looking at converting over to the Rest API since some of the functionality in the existing one is based on ye olde classic API which doesn't support things such as alternative hierarchies. I don't have a timeline on this unfortunately but I'm intermittently working on it at the moment.
Not sure if ‘Paste values’ is one of the options in the tools ? I don’t remember.
If yes, it can now be done in PAfE, so might be less relevant then.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

Wim Gielis wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:36 pm
Alan Kirk wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:31 pmIn response to the original question, I have a new user base which is entirely on 64 bit Excel and some of them are pining for TM1 Tools so yes, I am working on a 64 bit version but I'm looking at converting over to the Rest API since some of the functionality in the existing one is based on ye olde classic API which doesn't support things such as alternative hierarchies. I don't have a timeline on this unfortunately but I'm intermittently working on it at the moment.
Not sure if ‘Paste values’ is one of the options in the tools ? I don’t remember.
It is, and it's one of the principal reasons that the thing needs to be updated to 64 bit because I had to make calls to the Win32 API to access the Windows clipboard.
Wim Gielis wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:36 pm If yes, it can now be done in PAfE, so might be less relevant then.
It's relevant to those of use who will only allow PAfE onto our sites when Hell freezes over and has a temperature of −274.15 degrees C (sic). Though admittedly when it's time to kiss Perspectives goodbye we'll be doing it with Cubewise Slice, which does also have that functionality. There are a few things preventing us from doing that just yet, but it's light years better than the IBM hunk'o'junk, which I simply will not countenance the presence of.
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
RBSolanna

Post by RBSolanna »

Alan Kirk wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:31 pm Ex-fricking-SCUSE me??? I wrote the majority of TM1 Tools, with Steve Rowe and Martin Ryan writing the rest of it (as was alluded to in the original post), and we are not now, and never have been Revelwood.
TOO FUNNY! :lol:

Yes, Revelwood did have a "TOOLKIT" and probably still does...
But it's not TM1 Tools

Alan, thanks for verifying my assumption that TM1 Tools 64 bit hasn't been developed yet
Any suggestions on a short term replacement?
If not, I guess they can go "old school" and simply Paste Values

The User Community only uses the "Clear TM1 Formulas" function
For Tom's sake that's the "ZAP" function in the Revelwood offering ;)
Alan Kirk wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:43 pm It is to those of use who will only allow PAfE onto our sites when Hell freezes over and has a temperature of −274.15 degrees C (sic).
Alan, my sentiments exactly!

Wim, the users are still going to use Perspectives for a while so PAfE is way off in the distance
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

RBSolanna wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:59 pm
Alan Kirk wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:31 pm Ex-fricking-SCUSE me??? I wrote the majority of TM1 Tools, with Steve Rowe and Martin Ryan writing the rest of it (as was alluded to in the original post), and we are not now, and never have been Revelwood.
TOO FUNNY! :lol:

Yes, Revelwood did have a "TOOLKIT" and probably still does...
But it's not TM1 Tools

Alan, thanks for verifying my assumption that TM1 Tools 64 bit hasn't been developed yet
Any suggestions on a short term replacement?
I'll test out my development copy and see whether it's viable over the next few days and if it is I'll put it up next week. It has a couple of extra minor features, a couple of minor bug fixes but doesn't include any of the new API or hierarchy stuff yet, but it should get you (and some of my users) what they need in the short term.
-----------
RBSolanna

Post by RBSolanna »

Alan,

Thanks and much appreciated!

Solanna