Flexible PickList Definitions

schlemiel29
OLAP Product: TM/1
Version: 11.8
Excel Version: Excel 365

Flexible PickList Definitions

Post by schlemiel29 »

Hi,
I want to have a Picklist for all used user defined dimensions. So I want a complete list of all elements, which would be:

Code: Select all

Dimension:DimName
I also want to offer a list of all elements without the top level and a list without the leaf elements.
Additionally I need to show attribute names defined in every dimension.

So I would define a subset, based on an MDX, which filters the levels and then fix it as a static subset. This named subset I can use later in my Picklist cube.

BUT: I have so many dimensions, for each I have to do exactly the same selections. Is there an easier way to do this, like using a kind of MDX in a rule which feeds the Picklist cube?

Thanks in advance
Dirk
ardi
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1, cognos bi
Version: from TM1 9.4 to PA 2.0.9.6
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Flexible PickList Definitions

Post by ardi »

schlemiel29 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:12 pm Hi,
I want to have a Picklist for all used user defined dimensions. So I want a complete list of all elements, which would be:

Code: Select all

Dimension:DimName
I also want to offer a list of all elements without the top level and a list without the leaf elements.
Additionally I need to show attribute names defined in every dimension.

So I would define a subset, based on an MDX, which filters the levels and then fix it as a static subset. This named subset I can use later in my Picklist cube.

BUT: I have so many dimensions, for each I have to do exactly the same selections. Is there an easier way to do this, like using a kind of MDX in a rule which feeds the Picklist cube?

Thanks in advance
Dirk
You should use Subset Picklist instead of Dimension Picklist
Ardian Alikaj
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Flexible PickList Definitions

Post by Steve Rowe »

This was touched on in some other threads recently.

You can only point the picklist at a dimension, set or static list. Therefore if you have a complex need delivered by MDX then you must create a public set to deliver the list. You can not point a picklist directly at a MDX statement.

If you have a standard set of MDX sets you want in play against all your dimensions then you should be using a TI to loop over the dimensions and the MDX definitions to build the sets.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk