Security Access Flag not being Deployed

tm123
OLAP Product: tm1, cognos bi
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Security Access Flag not being Deployed

Post by tm123 »

Hi guys,

I am facing a strange issue. I have a few TI Processes that update some dimensions with ElementSecurity (}ElementSecurity bubes being populated by Rules).
The TIs are also refreshing security, and since the user who runs the TIs is not an admin, I enabled the Flag "Security Access" on each of them.
But when I copy the .PRO files to Testing Environment, the Security Access flag does not get copied over

I have been doing this for years and never had an issue.

I am using Planning Analytics 2.0 ( TM1 Build Number: 11.0.00100.927)

Any idea why?
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Security Access Flag not being Deployed

Post by Steve Rowe »

Not sure if this has changed at some point but I've always had to do this since this bit of logic was introduced. Not sure where the security access state of a TI is stored, I would have though there ought to a }Process_Properties cube somewhere but I've never spotted where.

AFAIK the security state is not part of the information in the .pro

Could be wrong and would be simple to test by turning the flag on and off and checking the file.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
tm123

Post by tm123 »

Steve Rowe wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:03 pm Not sure if this has changed at some point but I've always had to do this since this bit of logic was introduced. Not sure where the security access state of a TI is stored, I would have though there ought to a }Process_Properties cube somewhere but I've never spotted where.

AFAIK the security state is not part of the information in the .pro

Could be wrong and would be simple to test by turning the flag on and off and checking the file.
Hi Steve,

Lol, that's what I was trying to figure out also. There is nothing readable in the pro file, the only line of TI where this might be is:
565,"doG1aZMxUBgB^3B>FOJs^Vmg0H5gOzGSPoOC?YV:YT>L_Uu]zzuCoouPcOrcgE^WYpUuTWUmCec6?V=wCCg\j[M20`=>Zpx7ANQA=t]]qosO4w5<:R@VH35VfxIqcA^30G?;qHN3cSAS@@N?yGTtBIctS8q<0artjxDSO@1Y8xgi3JaY>>UqUhcpmcFYLA]`PTKPi]HW"

Maybe it's somewhere inside that line :)

There is no cube }ProcessProperties (There are property cubes for every other type of object except Processes: }ClientProperties , }CubeProperties , }CubeSecurityProperties , }DimensionProperties , }HierarchyProperties )

But I think I know the root cause. After I enabled the Security Access, I did not save the process. I just right clicked on the Process name and Selected the option Security Access. It looks like after you enable it, you have to open the TI and Save it. I don't think in previous versions I have to save the TIs after enabling Security Access
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

FWIW, I have never had to "redo" processes that have security access after deployment. It has always worked for me. I'm pretty sure it is in the .pro file I just can't remember which line it is. It would be easy to figure out: 1) take the security off and save, 2) open the .pro file in Notepad and leave open, 3) Open the process again and give security access, then save, 4) open the .pro file in Notepad, 5) compare the two Notepad windows and find out where the difference is. That would be your line.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
tm123

Post by tm123 »

The only line that changes is the encrypted line i posted in my prior post, but that line changes even if you save without making any change to the process ( i mean you dont change any thing in the TI, and you dont change the security access setting.)

But my issue is why do you have to save the TI when you just Enable Security Access?
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Whether a process runs with security access for non-admin users is stored in the TI process .pro file as property 1217

http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11770
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

lotsaram wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:32 pm Whether a process runs with security access for non-admin users is stored in the TI process .pro file as property 1217

http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11770
It is, but interestingly it's not written to the .pro file until you do a data save. Until then the flag exists in memory only. This is probably the source of the problem mentioned in the original post.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.